Thread: Shortcut in safari browser to access "show more tabs"

Shortcut in safari browser to access "show more tabs"

I recently updated my Safari web browser to version 6.x. It works great and i liked the new features as well. I heard that there is a new feature called "show all tabs". As i use to open over 10 tabs at a time because of my professional tasks, i think that will be very helpful for me. it use to be very difficult to switch between tabs in Firefox and opera. Now the problem i am hear is i already tried searching all options in Safari but didn't found the shortcut way of accessing Show all Tabs. Is anyone here using the updated Safari? If yes, can you please let me know if there is any shortcut command for the same?

Re: Shortcut in safari browser to access "show more tabs"

Yeah, the Show more Tabs feature is really useful. Alright, you can access it easily by using the key combination of "CMD + Shift + \"

Also by going to Safari > Services > System Preferences > Application Shortcuts, you can change this shortcut to whatever you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by MacIntel View Post
    Also by going to Safari > Services > System Preferences > Application Shortcuts, you can change this shortcut to whatever you want to use.
    Hello MacIntel, I need a similar help. I think the shortcut you mentioned above is for Apple English keyboards, right? Sorry to say but mine is German keyboard and unfortunately there is no ‘\’ button on mine. So there is no way to make that shortcut work for me, right? So I tried you second suggestion of creating our own shortcut but I think I am doing something wrong. Not getting any option to assign keys on my own. Can you please explain more specifically?

Thank you very much.

Ok, here is how you can do it.
    • Launch Safari browser.
    • On the menu bar click Safari > Services > Service Preferences.
    • You will see a window named System Preferences opened.
    • Now click Applications Shortcut.
    • Click the “Plus” button at the bottom left of the window and change it to ‘Safari’.
    • Now enter Show All Tabs in the Menu title and click on the Keyboard Shortcut box.
    • Now assign whatever keys you want to assign for the for the same.

That’s it. You are done. Let me know if you need any more help for the same.

Hey guys, there are many such people using other language keyboard facing problems accessing this command because of missing button. Hence, while working out on the same I found that there is yet another key combo that allow you access “Show All Tabs” but the combination is bit difficult to access. You can press the following keys together for the same:

Shift + ALT + CMD + 7

I guess this works on German keyboard as well.

Thank you very much for the helps guys, both of your suggestions seems to be working. Though the above four key combo works, I better assigned three keys as per my preference using the steps provided by ‘MacIntel’ above.