Thread: cannot view embedded PDF website on Safari browser

cannot view embedded PDF website on Safari browser

I am running Safari browser on my pc and when I go to a website that has embedded PDF then it gives me a black screen. When I use another browser then it will work fine without any problems. I have already uninstalled Safari and all other plugins as well and after reinstalling it I am getting the same issue. I have also reinstalled Adobe Reader but still having the same problem. Can anyone tell me how do I get rid of the problem? Thanks

Re: cannot view embedded PDF website on Safari browser

I think that you might be using Safari 4.0.4 version of the browser it will be able to display PDF's without any help from the Adobe browser plugins. Can you try to go in the SafarI help menu and then select "Installed Plug-ins". Also can you try to check any othr version of Adobe except for Flash player is being used?

It happens when you want to view pdf in Safari 4.0.4 then the screen turns black. So to solve this issue, ensure in your Adobe Acrobat or any other Adobe products you are using and go into Preferences and then check whether the Internet "Display PDF in browser using" is not active. After that close Safari and then open finder, for example, go to Macintosh HD > Library > Internet Plug-Ins and then try to delete any plugins related to pdf. I think some of them would be AdobePDFViewer.plugin and PDF Browser Plugin.plugin. After that launch Safari and see if the problem is solved.

Even I was facing the same problem and after following the advice given in the above post, the issue was solved. I actually just deleted the file from HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PDF Browser Plug-in and after that restarted my macbook. And ever since I am now able to view pdfs in Safari without any problem. Hope this helps you out as well.