Thread: Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0 crash on recovering mp4 file

Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0 crash on recovering mp4 file

I am trying to recover a mp4 file through Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0. I am using this from last 4 months and it use to work fine. Recently I had copied some videos from my mobile phone into pc. It was on the desktop. I accidentally deleted it with other files. I press Shit+Delete due to which it is not in the recycle bin also. There was around 30GB of data. I am trying to recover that from Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0. It recovered a few files, but at fourth one it is crashing. It just closes on its own.

Re: Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0 crash on recovering mp4 file

Can be some bug with the tool. Try to recover them single. Do not tick on the complete folder. In the tool when you double click on the folder you can see the complete list of files with check box before them. Tick on one and recover them.

The issue can be due to bad sectors. What is the location where you are recovering your files. I think Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0 does not recovers the file on the same destination from where it is deleted. And also the source might be having some bad sectors due to which the recovery fails. The best thing to do here is try some different places to recover the files. Try some internal partitions. To find out any problem with the hard drive you can simply use chkdsk. Launch cmd and in that type chkdsk. It will run a full hard drive scan and will give you report in the end about bad sectors. No tool can fix them. If there are bad sectors then it will be complicated for you to recover the files. Another thing you can do is trying to run a repair setup of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0. Just run the setup over existing installation which might fix the issue. I do this for all those applications which crashes while working. Some unstable file are causing the issue. The tool is capable of recovering large number of files and it is really a fail safe measure to keep your stuff secure.

Try some other tool. There are ample of recovery software available. Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0 looks like unstable on your system. Just go on Google and search for top data recovery software. You will get ample of results.

There is a problem with all this data recovery software. They work well if you had installed them before. It does not work when you install them after deleting the files. I had not tested all of them but still I am going to you list you some software's that will help you to get your data. The best among all is Recuva. It is free and easy to use. You can try installing this first and then run a recovery scan. If this does not work then remove it. Do not keep it in your system. I had seen my office people using this software that looks to be effective in terms of usage. One more software is FreeUndelete. This is a basic utility that I think will work on your system. The tool scans your drive for recently deleted files and list you the information on the same. You can just recovery them. But if this also does not work then there is one more last option left. You can stick with Paragon Rescue Kit. This is a set of free tools that comes with a set of recovery kits. You can try many more recovery utilities in this tool. You can try test it and see whether you are able to get your data back or not. Next time try to keep multiple recovery tools in your system.