Thread: Videos taken from iphone 4s camera will not play in Quicktime

Videos taken from iphone 4s camera will not play in Quicktime

I dont know what has went wrong either with my iPhone 4S or with the Quicktime. I have few videos captured with my iPhone 4S couple of months ago. When i play the same in Quicktime on my iMac, they work fine. Now i took few more videos day before yesterday using the same device but when i try playing these videos on my PC, quicktime only plays the audio but the screen remains, black and blank, no video.

It is bit confusing for me because older videos play fine but not the recent ones. Do anyone you guys have idea what and were is the issue? It is QuickTime 7.7.6 and iPhone 4S.

Helps appreciated.

Re: Videos taken from iphone 4s camera will not play in Quicktime

hey dude, did you find any fix for the same? Even i am having the same problem since long time. None of my 4S videos work in Quicktime or itunes. the only way to play them on Computer is by converting file format to MP4 or by uploading them directly on YouTube. Yes, surprisingly when i upload them directly on youtube, it plays both audio and video but while playing on PC, no video only Audio. Somebody please provide a working solution. It is very annoying

I got something useful for you all. If I am not wrong, you guys are running your iphone on iOS6, right? FYI, with the iOS 6 update Apple has made several improvements to your phone but simultaneously on the other side, it resulted in a huge bug due to which none of the recorded videos are capable to play in iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player or few other media players.

But here is a temporary fix for the same (I found it finally after researching it over a week). The problem with iPhone (iOS6) videos is probably with the users running QuickTime version 7.7.6. You will be happy to listen that there is no such video playback problem with version 7.6. Yes, simply uninstall latest version of quicktime and install the older version (v7.6) until apple fixes the bug.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MaCiNToSHeR View Post
    But here is a temporary fix for the same (I found it finally after researching it over a week). The problem with iPhone (iOS6) videos is probably with the users running QuickTime version 7.7.6.
    That’s absolutely correct. Just came here to say that the problem is actually with the latest version of Quicktime player. No matter the MAC version or Windows edition, videos captured with iOS6 based devices just wont run on quicklime 7.7.6. Uninstall the same and install older version. If you want you can download QuickTime 7.6 from here

Thank you very much both of you for providing atleast a working solution. Though the above link is for Windows version, I searched the same for MAC, downloaded and installed. Now all my videos are working great.

I appreciate you helps.