Thread: Increase Safari browser's Toolbar text size

Increase Safari browser's Toolbar text size

I recently installed Safari web browser on my Windows 8 laptop due to some testing purpose. The browser works fine but there is a small problem, the toolbar's texts. These texts are very small in fonts and i am not able to read them properly. Well from another angle they are same in size like other browsers but i have increased the font size as i have problem reading from a distance. But i am not able to increase the font size in Safari.

When i go to settings and trying increasing the text size, it increases the web page and other texts but not of the toolbar. Tried everything i know about this browser but nothing helped. Can anyone of you please help me with this?

Re: Increase Safari browser's Toolbar text size

I use Firefox and Chrome as my default browsers but have used Safar for few times. As far as i remember you can get the Text customization option under preference menu somewhere. Did you tried checking under Safari > Preferences > Advanced? There should be an option for "Never use font sizes smaller than..." You can set font size according to your preference.

If that doesn't helps, check this. Safari > View > Customize Toolbar. From here you can drag the text size icon on the toolbar according to your preference.

I appreciate your help buddy but none of them seems to be working for me. Changing font size from those settings only changes the text for web pages and not on the toolbar. Also I didn’t found any toolbar text font settings under view. Does it depends on Safari version? If yes, mine is v5.7x

Safar browser has always been the toughest in terms of preference and settings, hence I love to use Chrome browser which is the most simplest web browser available as of now. Anyways, just for a try I think you will be able to do it somewhere from System Preferences / Universal Access / Enable Zoom. See if zooming helps you in anyway. Secondly also have a look at System Preferences / Displays then select the Display tab.

Alright, try out this. With Skype installed on your smartphone, go to Settings > Apps. Locate Skype, tap it, tap on ‘Clear Data’. If prompted with any thing, tap OK. Once cleared, uninstall it now again. Better restart the phone once and download skype.

Hopefully it should work fine. Let me know the results.

Well your first suggestion (System Preferences / Universal Access / Enable Zoom) didn’t worked as well. By the way what do you mean by saying

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrr View Post
    Secondly also have a look at System Preferences / Displays then select the Display tab.
    I was asking about Safari Browser, right? How can you change browser settings from system preference?

Well that is not for changing settings of you browser but in case you are not able to increase the font size from browser, you can atleast change the desktop resolution and keep it lower so that the font size increases itself.