Thread: Disable facebook profile pictures used by Outlook.com

Disable facebook profile pictures used by Outlook.com

I recently had to switch forcefully from Live Mail to Outlook.com even though i dont wanted to because i tested it earlier for a week and i didn't liked it. Anyways, now as Microsoft has forced us to stick with the same, i want a bit help from you all. while learning the new features of the Outlook somehow i connected it with my social networks which pulled the profile pictures of all my contacts, including mine. Due to some reasons i dont want to show pictures in my emails, hence i want to disable this feature. Now the problem is i am not getting the way how to do it. So can anyone here please let me know how can we disable the facebook profile pictures from Outlook.com?

Re: Disable facebook profile pictures used by Outlook.com

Facebook photos appear in the emails and other messages in Outlook only when you have connected to Facebook and allowed to show up the content from third party apps. So what you need to do is change the settings and set it to not show up. You can do this by going to Outlook > inbox > Options > Content from third party networks and Select the option "Don't show Public content." Save the settings and you are done.

Just setting up "Don't show Public content" didn't worked unless you completely disconnect all your social accounts from outlook. This is not the way it should work. FYI, i did some research on this and on Microsoft community i found a Moderator apologizing for the same and saying that the problem is from their end itself and they are working on this. So until they get it fixed i think connecting facebook or other social accounts may be risky for your personal stuffs.

I am not concern with how you can enable or disable the Facebook pictures in outlook but I want to know how can they pull details from your other accounts? I mean isn’t it a kind of thread for your privacy? While doing R&D I found that even you change the facebook associated email to some other service provider like Yahoo, etc , still outlook has access to your profile pictures or albums. That shouldn’t have happened.