Thread: cannot sign in after updating skype to 4.0 on android

cannot sign in after updating skype to 4.0 on android

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 and today I have just update the Skype version to 4.0 on the same smartphone. After that I am able to sign in by using the MS passport name but I cannot do anything else because it tells me that I am not connected? When I go to the profile page then I can see that I am in Invisible mode? And I cannot push anything to get Available, so how can I get connected? Any ideas? Thanks

Re: cannot sign in after updating skype to 4.0 on android

Even I just updated to Skype 4 version on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and previously I had turned my status to "appear offline", if I remember correctly. But now after the update, when I logged in Skype then still I am seeing that I am in offline status only? How can I get back my status to be online? I have tried all the settings in the application but still nothing is working for me? Please help.

Well, have you guys tried to tap on the Available button to connect, which is the new replaced online button only? After you tap on that button then you can try to switch back to the "Invisible" mode if you want want to. As per your question it seems like the "Available" option is greyed out and if it is so then Skype is not able to connect to the internet in your mobile phone. Can you try to start Skype app by connecting through Wifi connection and see if that works?

I also had this same problem and I noticed that if we clear up the app data in Skype then the problem would be solved. All you need to do is go into Android Settings and then Application Manager and then Skype and then click on Clear Data. You will then be able to login successfully and change your Status between Available and Invisible mode. Note that by clearing data, you will lose all your existing chat history on your mobile phone.