Thread: Not enough disk space for every scheduled recording error with Media Center on Windows 8

Not enough disk space for every scheduled recording error with Media Center on Windows 8

I am using Windows 8 since long time but started getting this problem since last past couple of months. I am having a Seagate 1TG hard drive out of which still more than 600 GB is left empty. But still whenever i try to schedule anything in Media center it just wont play and instead gives me an error message saying something that there is not enough disk space. This is annoying. I checked everything i know about, even the media center settings says that there is still space left to record atleast 350 plus hours of movies and tv recordings. Then from where is this error message coming? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Not enough disk space for every scheduled recording error with Media Center on Windows 8

Hey Immortals, did you found any fix for the same? Even i am getting the same error message on my system. Trying to fix it but yet no successful workout. I guess this has to do something with the Windows scheduler but not sure what exactly.

Hope any one can helps us out of the same.

Re: Not enough disk space for every scheduled recording error with Media Center on Windows 8

Hey guys, here is the fully working solution for the said problem. Even i was struggling with exactly same issue since past couple of days, finally fixed it with the following:

First of all if your Media Center is running, close it and open task scheduler by typing Task Scheduler in Start Menu search field. In the open window, navigate to the following location from the left pane : Task Scheduler Library->Microsoft->Windows->Media Center. Here on the top you will find an option saying "MediaCenterRecoveryTask" with status saying "Ready". Simply right click the same and click RUN.

Check this screenshot for reference:

Now wait for few minutes and allow the system do its job. Once it is done move to the next step and if the status gets stuck on "Running", right click and select END. Now launch Media Center. You will find an error saying something "it is necessary to run through the setup again as there was some problem." Thats it. Simply run the Media Center setup again and the problem will be gone.

Wow, that was awesome Dodger. Thank you very much for sharing such tricky fix. Finally after a long time I got to record TV episodes again on my system.

Appreciated.