Thread: PDF files not getting printed by Windows 8 reader

PDF files not getting printed by Windows 8 reader

I cannot print from Windows 8 reader. I tried to print but nothing comes in the printer. I first thought the issue was with the connectivity. I checked the printer cable. Which looks to be working fine. But to some extent I am unable to print via Windows 8 reader. I think the printer is properly configured which looks well listed under Devices and Printer. And also it is set as default. But still print is not working.

Re: PDF files not getting printed by Windows 8 reader

Go in system tray where you can find a tiny print icon. Click on that. That print icon gives you information on your existing documents in queue. If there are stucked documents in that then you must delete them first and print back. That would clear the printer memory.

Turn off the printer and turn it on again. Wait for sometime. This is another way of cleaning printer memory. Now if that does not work then there is some issue with Windows 8 Reader. You will need to check the printer settings here. When you hit Ctrl + P are you able to see your printer on the right side. You have to tap on that configure the printer settings. That will be more easier I think. If it is not listed well on the right side then you cannot use the printer. It is not properly configured. Another best way to fix the issue is using Acrobat Reader. It is also a pdf application and easier to use. You just need to open the pdf file on the same and then run the print. That's all. From the printer menu on the top side you can see a short drop down menu through which you can select the printer and run the print. Try to give some sample print from some other files like word documents or images and then test back. I think that will be more proper in fixing the issue.

Try to check the printer settings. Run some test pages and then try back. I do not think the issue lies with Windows Reader. It is with printer configuration. It is essential that you must run the settings back again properly and try it. That might do the job.

I am using a separate tool for that. I am having a Windows 8 system. Now all the pdf files open in Windows reader. But somehow the print is not working. So installed a separate pdf printer application. It is really nice tool. I can simply load the pdf files on it and run the print. That makes the job more easy and there is no need to manually configure or modify the printer settings. There are ample of separate printer tools available which you can use here. Somehow it looks Windows 8 is having some kind of bug with printing pdf files via Reader. Windows Reader is great for reading files and especially great for tablets. Not for desktop or laptop. I still rely on acrobat only to play pdf files. That makes the job really less complicated. Because there you have a print properties table from where you can print and configure printer settings also.