Thread: Word 2007/2010 PDF looks very bad on linux

Word 2007/2010 PDF looks very bad on linux

I had created some set of pdf files in Microsoft Word. I am using a addon here. I found on the Microsoft. The addon allows me to save Word files in pdf. I had saved around 20 files here which are then copied to a usb drive. At clients place when I open those files on a Linux pc the output was pathetic. The system is having some Linux OS named as Ubuntu. I cannot read anything on that while the same pdf file is nicely visible in Windows system. Can anyone here help me to find out the issue behind the problem.

Re: Word 2007/2010 PDF looks very bad on linux

Looks like the files are not converted properly. Try some other tool and test back. There are some set of nice tools available through which you can create proper pdf file and then use in different system. Try a good pdf convertor. Search for word to pdf conversion software on Google.

It looks those pdf files still needs Microsoft Office. They have some internal dependability due to which you are getting a messed up screen. Now using a third party pdf tool will be better. I am going to provide you some set of software that can help you to view pdf files on a Ubuntu system. Sometime the issue might be associated with the pdf viewer. So I am going to provide you more here that will give you proper output. The best among all is Evince. I am using this from long time and it is capable of reading pdf files properly. The visibility is simpy great here with clear output. It also gives proper readability. This is freely available. Now you can download this on the Linux system and test it out.And it will resolve the problem you are facing. The second one is Adobe Reader which is available for Windows also. It is one of the most simplest pdf viewer available on the web. While the last one which is also worth to test is FoxIt Reader. You can simply test this out and try back. Just download and add some different set of pdf viewer in your system and then check back. This would be more helpful.

I think the file is not generated properly due to which you are getting the issue. You can do one thing. First open those pdf files in Adobe Reader and then save a copy. You can save them back in pdf format and then test it out. It will work fine.

The issue lies with font here. The Linux system is not able to read the font of file which you had created on windows. It is essential that you must save the same in some other format. If you are having Libreoffice in Ubuntu then there is no need to convert the same in pdf files. Just copy the same word format and directly open the same in Libreoffice. It will read the files. The second thing you can do here is simply save all the documents in some kind of image file format. That is like jpeg. Which is one of the most simplest format and is easily readable in every image viewer. The second thing you can do is simply upload those files on Google Drive. You can view them online directly in a web browser. There you do not require to download any third party software. You just need to open that in a plain web browser. You can use firefox here. It is available for Ubuntu also.