Thread: How to run WD Anywhere Backup Premium on Windows 8

How to run WD Anywhere Backup Premium on Windows 8

Hello,

I am running Windows 8 along with Windows 7 on my pc. I was wondering if the WD Anywhere Backup Premium software version 4.50.6554 is compatible with Windows 8 or not? If it is not then obviously there are no means of buying it. But I think that it could work on Windows 7 without any issues? Does anyone have some experience with this software? Thanks for any information.

Re: How to run WD Anywhere Backup Premium on Windows 8

Well, I was using this WD Anywhere software just fine on my computer that was running on Windows 7 without any issues. But after when I upgraded to Windows 8, then I started getting compatibility problems with it when I was trying to launch it. I have tried many things to get this software working on Windows 8 but it seems that unless an upgrade for this software doesnt come from the WD company, there is nothing we can do, however, you would be able to run it on Windows 7 with ease.

I have actually heard that the WD Anywhere Backup Premium launcher is the main problem that doesnt run on Windows 8. But if you get the Memeo Backup/Restore software then it will run without any problem. So after you have downloaded the software, then it will make a shortcut that you will need to click and then it will give you a message that the launcher wont run. Simply, then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\WD\WD Anywhere Backup and search for the application called MemeoBackup. Just make a shortcut of that file on the desktop and then run it. Now the application will install just fine.

Before performing the above steps, which obviously works, have you tried to install the WD Anywhere Backup Premium in compatibility mode of Windows 8 first, which is a very easy way for installing any software. What you should do si, right click on the application's .exe file and then click on the properties. After that click on the compatability tab and then click on "Run this program in compatibility mode" and also "Run this program as administrator". Thats it, just check now whether the program is giving the same issue or is it installing properly?