Thread: getting popup to update flash player

getting popup to update flash player

We are usually distributing Flash Player to some 100 workstation without any problems. We have disabled the updatse through mms.cfg and the same file is not touched for many years, which was working fine. But recently when we started the deployment of the Flash Player 11.6.602.171 version, some users were getting a pop up notice to update Flash Player. It was appearing at startup after the computer was restarted. We have selected "Never check for update" in the settings manager. The users also do not have the local admin rights, so they are unable to change the update settings themself. So, if anyone who knows from where this popup is coming and how to solve this, please let us know. Thanks.

Re: getting popup to update flash player

Will you be able to post the contents of one of your system's mms.cfg file and also their flashinstall.log file? This way we will able to know what is really the cause of the problem that you are facing.

It looks to me that the issue is related to the Adobe PDF reader and not the flash player at all. Even I am facing this similar error on a computer with a new Windows XP installation. I have also installed the Adobe Reader 11.0.2 version some weeks before and have disabled the auto update for it. When I was trying to update flash player then I also got the same error message.

There was a fix given for this same issue on the adobe forum. You will need to try to create an MST file, with Fx, Wise package studio. And after that edit the CustomAction to “NewCustomAction1” and add the parameter “-au 2” to the command line argument. Also note that, you will need to do that for both install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi and install_flash_player_11_plugin.msi, incase you are using both. Or you might need to delete the scheduled task with schtask /delete "taskname".