Thread: Ninite for flash player

Ninite for flash player

I recently had to complete format my C drive and install Windows again. I did it successfully. Now in order to download all required softwares like browsers, utilities, etc i simply use the ninite.com that downloads and installs the latest version of those softwares all at once and installs on your system. We just need to select the applications and download a small ninite installer and run on our system. It automatically downloads and installs the application. I tried doing the same again but i found that there is no more Flash Player.

I remember it was there until last time i formatted the system couple of months ago. Now it is not there and i have to manually come to Adobe website and download the same. Any idea why Adobe removed it from ninite.

Re: Ninite for flash player

Yep, there is no more Flash player on ninite website. It has been removed from there in the first week of April itself, just like the flash player was removed from Google Play last week.

I dont know what could be the reason behind this. Is Adobe preparing any strategy for their any upcoming product or they have some problems with them which makes them pull of Flash player. But if they have problems then why dont they pull of all adobe products, why just Flash Player?

Quote Originally Posted by Karnik View Post
    Is Adobe preparing any strategy for their any upcoming product or they have some problems with them which makes them pull of Flash player. But if they have problems then why dont they pull of all adobe products, why just Flash Player?
    Neither there is any strategy for new product nor they have any conflict with ninite or google. Dude they are brands, they work together. The only reason Adobe is pulling off Flash from most of the download sites is because Flash Player is the most download application today, no matter it is computer, tablet or smartphone, everybody require Flash Player and hence Adobe want it to be downloaded from their own website itself.

It could be because of pulling users to their site or may to offer genuine download because downloading any software from third party sites put direct effect on the brand's reputation if they got virus with download. There could be several such reasons.

Yeah. I agree with you Nixie. Even I use Ninite since long time. I remember once I read an article where a official member of Ninite has stated the following:
    "Adobe asked us to take that off our free site. They want consumers to get it from their site now. This is not a Ninite-specific request, they've been doing that to all popular download sites. If you're doing PC support Ninite Pro still supports Flash and is licensed for non-home use ninite.com/pro. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for using Ninite!"
    So if anyone still want Flash Player ninite, then buy the license or simply get it for free from Adobe’s site.

Now that was something useful and acceptable info. Thanks for sharing the same Kansbar. But still I have a doubt in my mind. If Adobe wants the users to download Flash from their own site, then why does it still appears one several download websites like softwpedia, cnet, etc? Why they just pulled it off from ninite?

Good question dude but can you tell me if you see any download link on Ninite for flash player? NO. But you see the same on those sites you mentioned above, right? When you click on download you get the mirrors or you the download comes from Adobe’s server itself instead of their own. So still you getting the genuine download which is provided by Adobe itself. That’s what I said in my above post.