Thread: Adobe Reader 10 print dialogue box is not usable

Adobe Reader 10 print dialogue box is not usable

I have keep setup exe files for all softwares that i install on my systems for future reference so that i dont need to download them again and again. Recently i upgraded one of my XP computer to Windows 7 Ultimate edition. Installed all drivers and softwares including the Adobe Reader. Installation went fine without any problems and PDF files open fine too. Problem started when i tried printing one of the PDF file. When i give print command the Dialogue box opens but without any clickable option.

The print dialogue box has just few blank boxes. tried several time but the same result. I even tried printing with two different printers but yet the same kind of dialogue box. So i am sure it is not the printer problem. I dont know what is wrong. Hope any one of you guys can help me out.

Soft: Adobe Reader 10.1

Re: Adobe Reader 10 print dialogue box is not usable

Well even i am running Windows 7 with Adobe Reader 10 and having a HP Printer installed on my system. So far i might have printed over 1000 pages after upgrading to Reader X but haven't face any problem so far, not even with a single option in the printer dialogue box. So i dont it is Adobe's problem. Probably something would be wrong from your system end itself.

Did you tried printing from any other application like MS Word, Internet Explorer, etcc are you getting the same kind of issue or is it working fine?

Yes dude, all other applications have no problem with the printer dialogue box. I tried using few more apps than you have mentioned and work fine. To make sure if the problem is not with Printer and Adobe, i installed the same version of Adobe on my Vista 64bit running desktop and tried printing. Guess what, it works fine too.

So according to all these testing stuffs i guess there is some compatibility problem with Adobe Reader 10 on Windows 7 64bit. May be someone else having the same configuration would have noticed this issue. Is there anyone?

I was reading Adobe FAQ’s and found something useful for you MacKenzie. According to the article Adobe is aware of such printing problems with Reader 10. Hence they have released an update and fixed those problems. You should update your version of 10.1.3. It has the solution for all printing problems users reported in past couple of months. You can do this by simply click Help from Tools menu and ‘Check for Updates’.

Most probably it should fix the problem but in case it not, you should try repairing the Adobe reader. You can do this as well right from the Help Menu > Repair Acrobat installation.

Quote Originally Posted by MacKenzie View Post
    So according to all these testing stuffs i guess there is some compatibility problem with Adobe Reader 10 on Windows 7 64bit. May be someone else having the same configuration would have noticed this issue. Is there anyone?
    Hello MacKenzie, can you tell me what kin dof document are you trying to print? I mean is it the PDG saved on your local disk or trying to print directly online PDF opened in browser? I am asking this because neither it is any bug not the problem with Win7 64bit and Adobe because I have the same system and same Adobe reader 10.1.3 but I can print fine. No compatibility issues. Probably there would be something wrong with your system itself. You need to check. Better re-install the reader again from scratch after uninstalling and deleting all its left over files and traces.

I appreciate all your helps friends. Finally I fixed the issue. Repairing (Help > Repair) did the trick. No more printer problems.

Thank you very much.