Thread: Need flash player to view a video even though flashplayer 11 installed

Need flash player to view a video even though flashplayer 11 installed

Due to some reasons i required to re-install Windows 7 on my system. I did it yesterday which went fine without any problem, installed all required drivers and softwares including the latest Adobe Flash Player 11. Now, though the latest version of flashplayer is installed whenever i open any video streaming website like Youtube, it gives me an error message saying "need flash player to view a video'.

This is annoying. I uninstalled and re-installed the flash player but still the same error. I have no idea what is wrong. Why the system is not recognizing even though the latest version is installed? Somebody please help.

Re: Need flash player to view a video even though flashplayer 11 installed

This has tuned into a very common issue now. I have been through this problem several times. Just like you even though i have the FP installed, whenever i use to go to any video streaming sites or sites which requires FP o work properly, i use to get a pop asking me to install Flash player. In such cases what you need to do is re-install Flash Player again. Now i know you have done it but there is yet another way of doing the same.
    • First go to Add and Remove programs and uninstall every thing you see about Flash Player including its ActiveX and Plugin.
    • Delete its registry keys, its left over files and folders, etc.
    • Restart the computer and now install it again.

See if it works.

Nice tip Vrushabh but there is better and simple way to uninstall Flash player completely from the system. Adobe already has a tool called Flash Player Uninstaller. It removes all traces as well along with the flash player so that when you install it again, it wont conflict and mess up the things. If you want you can download uninstaller tool from here.

Hello coolio, you dint mentioned anything about which browser you are using? If you are using Internet explorer than let me tell you that Adobe has spate Flash Player version for IE as you can see in this image.

Also if you are using IE9 then make sure that ActiveX is disabled in the browser or else it will not work properly. You can do this by going to IE > Tools > Safety. If ActiveX Filtering is selected, clear it.

And if the problem is with all browsers than you must know that apart from having Flash player installed on your computer your browser should have the Flash Player PLUGIN installed in order to make it work properly. Many times we keep the add-ons disabled in our browsers for better performance for due to other problems. In such cases you may face such issues. So enable the add-ons and ensure FP plugin is installed.