Thread: Powerpoint 2010 wants latest flash player error

Powerpoint 2010 wants latest flash player error

Couple of days ago i upgraded my office to Ms Office 2010, earlier it was running with 2007. Installation went fine without any problem, i created few presentations in Powerpoint 2010 embedding some videos from YouTube. Presentations is ready, all done and here starts the problem. When i try to play the same, i get an error message saying something I need a latest version of Flash Player for playing videos in the presentation.

That's weird because i already have the latest version of Flash Player and youtube videos are working fine in my browser. Then why only PowerPoint has the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Powerpoint 2010 wants latest flash player error

I dont think the problem is with MS Office or specially with Powerpoint. It is with the Flash Player. No matter youtube working in browsers, you should try updating the Flash player to its latest version, which is Flash Player 11.7.700.224. Once installed restart the system again and try opening PPT. See if it works fine this time. Let us know the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesenia View Post
    No matter youtube working in browsers, you should try updating the Flash player to its latest version, which is Flash Player 11.7.700.224.
    I did the same before reading your reply but guess what, still getting the same problem. No videos work in PPT but works fine in browsers.

Any working solution please?

I have two things to say. First, are your YouTube videos working in Internet explorer? I doubt though it would be working fine in other browsers like opera, chrome of Firefox. Let me tell you that Internet Explorer requires bit different version of Flash Player. You can see it from Flash Player’s download page where it show up like this:

You can clearly see here that all other browsers have the same Flash Player but IE need a different one. And as IE and PPT are both Microsoft products, I think if you install the Flash Player for Internet Explorer, it will also fix the problem with PowerPoint. Worth a try, right?

I agree with your Gimelstob but you missed something. In order to make Youtube videos work properly in MS PowerPoint you should also have Adobe Flash Player ActiveX installed along with the Flashplayer itself and its plugin.

Thank you very much for the help friends. Installing the IE Flash Player version and ActiveX fixed the problem. Now I am able to play the videos comfortably in PPT.

Help appreciated.