Thread: Method to enter product key for publisher 2013

Method to enter product key for publisher 2013

So far i was using Office 2007 and Publisher is the main application that is required for my official work. Now finally i upgraded the same to Publisher 2013. As the interface is completely new i am facing bit problem activating the product. I mean, not getting how and from to activate the same.

I know it could sound silly for you guys but i really dont know. So can anyone of you please tell me where to enter the Product Key for Publisher 2013? Many thanks.

Re: Method to enter product key for publisher 2013

Well i dont have Publisher 2013, but based on my Publisher 2010, here are the steps:
    • Launch Publisher
    • Click File Menu
    • Click Accounts
    • Now click Change Product Key

As Publisher 2010 and 2013 have many similarities i guess this should work for you. Give it a try and let us know the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    • Launch Publisher
    • Click File Menu
    • Click Accounts
    • Now click Change Product Key
    I appreciate you help Homer but unfortunately there is no such options to follow your steps. The only option i can see in there is saying "Activation Required." So that means you Publisher 2010 and 2013 are not the same, right? Any other help please?

You can give try to phone activation. You will first need to select your country/region in the Activation Wizard. Then it will provide you one or more telephone numbers. Simply call up those numbers and and explain the problem to those guys. He will asks you for your installation ID, displayed on your screen, and other relevant information. After your installation ID is verified, you receive a confirmation ID. In the Activation Wizard, type the confirmation ID at the bottom of the screen, and then press Enter. Hope it helps.

These are the steps i found one of the official MS page about activation of Office 2013 programs:
    Open Publisher > File > Account > Change Product Key > Enter Key
    But as you guys are saying that there is no such option then obviously some thing is wrong in your system itself. I think you should try out the clean reinstall of Publisher and see if you get this option. If still not than there is no alternative than following the Phone Activation as stated by DeepikaP above.