Thread: How to change Background color Theme of Office 2013

How to change Background color Theme of Office 2013

I recently assembled a new PC with high end configurations, bought Windows 8 and Office 2013 from Microsoft. Installed everything and now they all working fine. But i have a small question. I have several customization options in Windows 7 or earlier Office suites like Office 2007 or 2010 including changing the default gray background color of Office. But seems like there is no option to do the same in Office 2013 or atleast i am not able to find it. The same problem stands with the operating system itself, this Microsoft has not provided many options to carry out customizations according to our requirement.

Anyways, i know Microsoft is not going to listen my voice so leaving it aside can anyone please tell me how can we change the background color of Office 2013? I want to make it black?

Re: How to change Background color Theme of Office 2013

Hello Julissa. Microsoft has not changed anything that will create problems for their users but instead they have made the things easier. In Office 2013, still the option for changing background color is present, just you are not able to find it. Anyways, here is how you can do the same:

• Open any Office applications and click on File from Menu, then click on Options. Now click General tab on the left and then click ‘Office Theme’ dropdown
    • Here you can select your color from the options White, Light Gray, and Dark Gray. Unfortunately there is no more black color.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    • Here you can select your color from the options White, Light Gray, and Dark Gray. Unfortunately there is no more black color.
    Thank you very much for the help Maq, i found the options now and able to change colors. But still it is disappointing for me because i like using Office in Black color since past several years which is not provided in Office 2013. Is there any chance or any tweaking we can add black color to office 2013 as well?

Unfortunately there is no update or signs of adding Black color in Office 2013 in future as well. The only theme colors available for this office suite are White, Light Gray, and Dark Gray. I know most of the people like Black color as it stands for productivity like Adobe CS6 but dont know for what reason they have removed it from 2013.