Thread: Cannot Activate Office 2013 Professional Plus

Cannot Activate Office 2013 Professional Plus

I have a Sony laptop running with Windows 7 . So far i was having Office 2007 but after testing the new Office 2013 i though to upgrade my Office. Well i purchased and downloaded Office 2013 Professional Plus. Installation went fine successfully without any problem but now when i am trying to activate the same, every time it ends up with an error code 0xC004C032. Tried activating several times but the result remained same.

Later i called up Microsoft folks and explained the issue but the only troubleshoot they were able to provide me was re-installing. I tried that as well but still no successful activation. getting annoyed day by day. Can anyone please help me out of this?

Re: Cannot Activate Office 2013 Professional Plus

Thats really a very annoying problem as i have been through it earlier. After lots of searches and troubleshooting finally i managed to fix the problem. Here is what you need to do.

• First of all open Command Prompt as an Administrator. You can do this by typing CMD in Start Menu search field, right click the CMD and select ‘Run as administrator’.
    • Now type the command provided below followed by Enter key:
      Cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /inpkey:<xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx>
    • Note: the 'xxxxx' above is your Office Product key. Enter it correctly.

Thats it. Now run any Office program and try to activate the product by entering the key again. Hope it helps.

I have seen many cases in my group itself where the above provided steps dint helped (however it has helped many times). So if that doesn't works for you, then you will require to re-install your Office Suite again. But before doing the same you have to remove it completely from the system. By saying completely i mean you should removed all its traces and left over files.

Fortunately there is a very simple way for doing the same, Microsoft Fix it. You can download it from here and run to remove the office suite from your system. But if that doesn't works, check out this MS KB and see the section "Manual steps to remove Microsoft Office 2013 MSI installations". It has step by step process which will help you to fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxx View Post

• First of all open Command Prompt as an Administrator. You can do this by typing CMD in Start Menu search field, right click the CMD and select ‘Run as administrator’.
    • Now type the command provided below followed by Enter key:
    • Note: the 'xxxxx' above is your Office Product key. Enter it correctly.
    Even i was facing the same problem with my Office 2013. After following your steps now the error code changed but the problem remained the same. I am getting the following error while entering teh product keys:

Error Code: 0xC004F050
    Error Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid.
    Any help please?

Microsoft has provided a KB Article describing the error message "The Software Licensing Service reported that the product key is invalid." You should check the same. According to Microsoft the problem actually occurs when you enter the key which is actually associated to the Beta version of software. Hence you should confirm and check if you are using the proper KMS key. If not, obtain one from MSDN or Microsoft.