Thread: Software for Exe file Extractor

Software for Exe file Extractor

Hi, can anyone tell me how to extract an exe file? I am actually looking for some files and skins that can be used for a video game that I play. I am also not looking for it to self install and I want to check that it I can manually install those all or not. I think that there are many zip program that can make exe files but I we cannot use that to extract the same file? Does anyone have any information about it? Thanks.

Re: Software for Exe file Extractor

There are many software that you can use to extract the .exe files. One such is called Universal Extractor, just search and download it from the net. It is a program that does exactly what we want: extract files from any type of known software, compressed ZIP file and even Windows installation packages labeled Msi. The program has proved its worth and is a real success. Its integration with Windows context menu is perfect, as it is placed on the right-click menu.

Another software that you can use would be MultiExtractor. It helps you extract, search or unpack any type of images, icons, sounds hidden from any file (PowerPoint, Photodex, SCR, EXE slideshows, binary, EXE, DLL, SCR, raw, database, text documents, presentations). With it you can recover or restore lost multimedia files such as image files (BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, ICO, CUR, TIFF, EMF, WMF), textures (DDS, 3DS, LWO), files sound (WAV, MP3, MID, XM, OGG, etc.), video files (AVI, DAT, ASF, MOV, SWF, BIK, SMK, etc). You can use this software for a trial period of 30 days as well.

Well, if the exe file is a self-extracting zip file, then it extracts the pictures to a temporary folder at some place and then runs some viewer program to show the pictures. If this is the case then you can try to opne the exe file with the help of Winzip and it will open properly. Or you can use the above software's that can easily open any type of .exe file that you want.