Thread: Internet Download Manager fails to download videos from Youtube in Windows 7

Internet Download Manager fails to download videos from Youtube in Windows 7

I got the setup of Internet Download Manager from my friend. I had installed it on my pc. I want to download some video from Youtube. Those are based on my project. The setup here was fine. But when went on youtube I cannot find anything to download. Usually there is a download button on the top right from where I can simply download the video directly and install the same in my pc. But it failed to work. I need some help here to make it work. Does re-installing will do the job.

Re: Internet Download Manager fails to download videos from Youtube in Windows 7

Yes you can try that. Remove it first from Control Panel > Uninstall Program and then install it back again. Run the setup and test back. I think that will be more appropriate in fixing the issue. If it still does not work then there is some issue with the setup. You will have to change the same.

Re: Internet Download Manager fails to download videos from Youtube in Windows 7

I assume that you are using it on Firefox. When you run the setup, the installation process also adds a tiny addon on Firefox. You will need to enable that and then only it works. Sometime IDM is really buggy. I had got the same issue and was not fixed on first installation. I tried the same a number of time and then it started working. Upon re-installation when you launch the browser you will see a addon to enable. Due to security settings you have to enable that manually. Once done exit the browser and reboot your pc.Then launch the browser back. Go on to YouTube and play some videos. The download button will be visible. It allows you to download a different of videos instantly and very easy to use. I was looking for some kind of bandwidth manager stuff in it. The existing one is so lame. IDM is one of the best download manager available but it lacks some important features. I hope in future it will be more advance with many new setting to control the download limit, save the files to different location and sorting on the basis of date.

There are ample of free tools available on the web from where you can download YouTube videos. This tools are easy to find and has no issue with settings. You can just directly download the video from YouTube in flv format and save it in your pc.

I am using video download help here. A tiny Firefox addon that helps to download the videos from any video site. It also pulls music files. It is one of the best video downloaded I had found. But it is very basic. It just helps to download, that's all. You cannot limit the bandwidth here or you cannot simply get a different format. But I had seen if you are having a video convertor in your system then this tiny tool can help you to get a converted video format. It goes slow but effective. Being basic, it does not offer much advance settings. The download beings well. I had found some advance download manager also. But they just work on the basis of download link. They do not pull multimedia files from the web page. It is also a kind of great tool for those who are restricted to install third party application on their pc. Through this they can just get the best video they want. I like the converting feature also. And as I said above to use that you will have to simply install a good video convertor in your pc. Or else it might not work well.The conversion is done the basis of convertor engine installed in your pc.

There is a big drawback of this tool. I am having the same on my browser also. If something to the net, like it gets down for a while or if it breaks in between then the download is wasted .You will have to start everything back from scratch while IDM can resume from where it stopped.

For websites like YouTube, there is a issue with link expiration. I had seen this commonly in many software. The video link is modified after sometime due to which the downloader gives a error. But somehow IDM is not affected with that. I was download some videos from a forum. It is having embedded videos on daily shows. I installed video download help here first. The download started and it took around 20 minutes of each video. After few minutes I got the error on screen. I started download again but the same error appeared back. Later on I install IDM and it worked. Compare to any other download manager IDM really works fine. But if you are using it on the lan network, it will use maximum bandwidth. For that reason I used bandwidth limiter. That is a bit less effective. I am still not able to find a complete download manager that can be loaded with everything. Like a default download application with ample of settings with minimum configuration.

Flashget is another nice download manager software that works fine with web browsers and also with windows. It is nice but it has a bit issue with different websites. While if you are only specific with youtube you can download a series of free tools from the web.