Thread: Good Notification software for Mac OS X

Good Notification software for Mac OS X

I am looking for a an decent notification software for Mac OS X. I am not able to find any proper tool for that. I need an notification software that can give me regular intimation on received emails. Not just a tiny icon saying about the number of mails received. I am looking for more customization options here. Through which I can get clear view of message. I had seen ample of them for windows and tried to find the for Mac also. But nothing is available here. I hope there will be some reasonable options available.

Re: Good Notification software for Mac OS X

Growl is one of the best notification tool available for Mac pc. It is a nice tool that helps you to get instant notification with ease and ample of customization options also. I had find nothing better than this for Mac.the app offers a simple way of getting notification which is nicely visible on the desktop. The new edition of this app is having ample of changes which make it more better. You can configure a set of hotkeys with the same and then use it as per your need. The app offers you easy icons and docks support.

I am using that. It is simply cool. The best thing in using this app is that you can personalize the same as per your need. You can simply store the notification or wipe it out when not needed. I loved the customization option provided by it. I found it is very easy to use. Also it has a very light interface that works fine without much issue. It is cool enough to give instant notification updates and does not lag at all. The usage is quiet simple. You must try this one.

If you need something for email only then there is one more plugin. It is called as Herald. The app works with integration of Mail. The app just gives instant notification popup on the screen where you can perform a number of common actions. Within the app itself you can just delete message, make replies, read email or mark the mails as read. There is no need to open the Mail app. A number of different application open Mail when you tap on the message. So that makes it work fine to some extent.

Growl has ample of customization options due to which even I will recommend the same for those who needs simple notifications. Once installed it works in the background and you can customize the same via tiny icons in the notification panel. Growl is not just limited to Mails. But ample of things. Like Dropbox sync, OS X notifications, etc. So if you are looking for some kind of complete package that gives you notification on everything then Growl is simply worth to go for.