Thread: Where to downlaod lightweight desktop email notifier

Where to downlaod lightweight desktop email notifier

I am looking for a lightweight desktop email notifier here. I am not able to find a software that can be low on system. I found some tools which are quiet heavy and due to them my system perform very slow. I am using Windows Vista. So there is a performance problem. I had not yet decided to upgrade to Windows 7. I am using Outlook but it does not looks to be working well. It is extreme slow and annoying. Can anyone tell me how can I find a simple email notifier.

Re: Where to downlaod lightweight desktop email notifier

Why don't you try Thunderbird. It is a very lightweight software. The performance of Thunderbird is much more better than Outlook. Even I agree that outlook makes the system slower. I do not know why. Thunderbird is having much more similar features like Outlook and it works very nicely.

You can add multiple accounts on the same which works well and you get a notification through popup or audio about new mail received. Instead of just adding a email notifier it is better to keep a email client.

There are many tools. But is right that you will get confused what to go for. I also find Thunderbird as one of the best email client. This is very lightweight and has simple features to use. There are some mail notifiers which are limited to single email service. Like Gmail notifier, or Yahoo Notifier. If you are using only Yahoo, then install Yahoo Messenger in your PC. When you receive a email you will get a small popup window on the system tray.

You can do that through a toolbar. There are some browser based tool bar that helps you to get notification when you receive a email. You just need to keep your browser open all the time when you are using the same.

It is also lightweight as it works with the browser there is no need to add anything on your desktop. One of them is Email Notifier by Inbox. It has dual interface. It has a toolbar also, plus a system tray icon that tells you about new mails.