Thread: Which tool will be best for updating drivers

Which tool will be best for updating drivers

I am having a setup of 5 pc on my office with a server. All of them are running on Windows 7. Now I am looking for some software that can constantly check and scan my system for driver updates. The users work on hardware testing. So they keep on adding new stuff. We have hundreds of external drive, pci cards, raid cards, etc. It is very complicated to go on web and each time search for the right drivers. I want some tool that can simply scan the systems and update whatever driver needed.

Re: Which tool will be best for updating drivers

There are tools like that. First of all when you receive a hardware you get a driver CD with it. So that is the official driver which is stable and works really well. But you can also use third party program. One of them is DriverMax. I am using the software on my pc. It happens a number of time it is complicated or simply a waste of time to locate the drivers. DriverMax has its own database of drivers. You can run this tool which automatically scans for hardware and install them.

Driverhound is the best software compare to anyone. This is widely used tool that keep a close watch on un-installed software. I had installed this tool on my Uncle's pc. There was a huget list of unknown devices in Device Manager. After running a update from Driverhound all those were gone. It is very simple to use tool and works automatically. There is no manual setup required. It also gives you information on the current hardware and other driver version info.

After reading this I downloaded Driverhound. And it really works fell. Through updates it allows easily to find what drivers are needed. It is also helpful is keeping the system updated.

I hope Microsoft can build this kind of software. I had seen ample of drivers updates I received is through Windows update. If there is any internal tool in Windows, that can scan and collect all the drivers, then it is simply best. There is no need to worry about the driver stuff.

You are right to some extent on that. Windows Update is the best way to locate drivers for your system. I was looking for a video driver that I found through Windows update. I thought it will be complicated to find it manually on web. I scanned all popular driver download website and did not find it.

Later on I got that through updates. I had kept a backup of the updates that I copied from Software Distribution folder. Whenever I format my system I use the update to get proper visual output.

There are many tools available for the same. One of them is Driver Detective. It is one of the oldest and widely used software. It is quiet very easy to use and has a huge database of drivers. I am using this for years. But this driver update software does not guarantee you drivers for some old hardware. I found the tool does not work for android tablet. I am having a tablet that was manufactured by an local firm. It failed to get the drivers for it.

hey Iquau

if microsoft did make a program like this they would most likely make us pay for it

that is why there are external programs like Driverhound

You can find ample of tools on web. Using a driver updater software is good for those who are having multiple pc setup. While for single pc you can manage it easily. Also if you are having identical hardware then it is much more easier to manage the drivers.

Because you just need to download that at once only. And then you can perform the same kind of updates on different devices. Things work more properly due to common hardware used and for different it becomes more complicated to manage.