Thread: What is new in Mozilla Firefox 19

What is new in Mozilla Firefox 19

Mozilla 19 is out. I want to know what new stuff it offers. Last time I had upgraded to a newer edition that stopped all my add-ons. I am looking for a proper update that can simply allow my add-ons to work well. There must not be problem with the same. I am using a screen-shot addon, and a download manager. I had migrated back to old edition where it looks to be working fine. But the news shows more promising features. Can anyone tell me about the same. What new things are added and will it support old addons.

Re: What is new in Mozilla Firefox 19

Whatever new version of Firefox you install only supports the addons if they are updated. If the developer of addon stops to update it then it will not work in any browser. This would be simply a waste of time to upgrade the browser. There are tons of new feature added in the new browser. But above that, the developer tries to make the web browser far more stable. There can be common crash and freezing problem which is resolved in the upgraded edition. You can test the same.

Firefox 19 offers you a integrated pdf viewer. I am not sure about the add-ons whether they will work or not. It is essential that you must first test it. I had also faced the same kind of issue. The addons always fails to work on a new web browser. I had kept stuff on auto-update due to which the firefox added the new version on its own. Later on I reverted back on the old only because of add-ons. The new version is far more stable and faster compare to the old. I am looking for a alternative and if I found one I will simply update the browser.

The new browser is great and better. It is fast and has ample of great improvement. I am giving you a link below that has ample of information on new stuff in the web browser. Also it gives you a bit information on added changes. But there is nothing provided about the add-ons. I am using VideoDownloadHelper. This addon allows me to download video files. And when I upgraded to the new version it works great. There is no issue in it. So it looks this browser supports old addons.

Firefox 19 What's New

The best way is to go on the official addon website of Firefox web browser and look for those addon. Below each addon it is clearly written on which browser version you can use it. And then on that basis you can use it. If your add-on has no support for the new browser you have to skip the update. There is no way to install multiple Firefox version on a single pc. Simply try that first and then check back. I am sure you will be able to locate ample of information on the same.