Thread: Light free video game recording software for windows 8

Light free video game recording software for windows 8

Title says it all. I need a light free video gaming recording software for windows 8. I want one compatible with windows 8 completely, I am aware of some but I am not sure if they are compatible with windows 8. So if anyone has checked out any by now then please let me know. I don’t want to waste my time in installing any video game recording software that won’t work with windows 8 at the end.

re: Light free video game recording software for windows 8

You can check out Fraps, It can be used for below tasks:
    Benchmarking
    Screen Capturing
    Realtime Video Capturing
    I am not running windows 8 but I have heard that it works on windows 8 without any issue and it doesn’t affect FPS as well.

Get MSI Afterburner (Completely Free). Many people know it for the sake of Overclocking but it can be used for video game recording as well. It is said to be the lightest video game recording software. I have used it on windows 7 and it was quite light, I haven’t used it on windows 8 but it is compatible with below os’es:
    Windows xp
    Windows vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8

You can get Game Cam, it’s a free screen capture software for recording real-time in-game movies. It searches for games installed in your system automatically and creates an individual recording profile for all the game. Its requirements are as followed:
    Windows XP/Vista 32bit/Windows 7 (US/European version)
    1.2 GHz CPU
    32MB RAM (in addition to game requirements)
    100% DirectX compliant hardware video accelerator with 32MB on board video memory
    Audio for Windows XP: Sound Blaster audio card or 100% compatible
    Audio for Windows Vista/Windows 7: most audio hardware is supported including USB

Some people have tried it out on windows 8 and have confirmed it to be compatible. However, I am not sure about the same as I haven’t tried it out.

Use D3DGear, its fast video game recording software. It can carry it s video recording task without slowing down your game. It supports video games that use DirectX8, DirectX9, DirectX9Ex, DirectX10, DirectX10.1, DirectX11, DirectX11.1 or OpenGL API. D3DGear runs on 32 and 64 bit of Windows XP, VISTA, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have just confirmed that Fraps, Game Cam are not compatible with windows 8. I haven’t checked out MSI Afterburner, other than that D3DGear is the only video recording software that I have come across to be marked as compatible with windows 8. So I am going to give it a try and will let you know if it works. In case you all come across any other light free video game recording software for windows 8 then let me know it here.