Thread: Vlc player not working in Windows 8

Vlc player not working in Windows 8

Seems vlc is not compatible with windows 8. I have just installed vlc player because windows media player of windows 8 was talking long time to load videos. However when i tried playing a video downloaded form youtube all i got is a pink screen, nothing else. No video, no sound nothing. I have tried playing some more videos that i have but i am getting the same response.Is there anything i can do about it???

Re: Vlc player not working in Windows 8

Which version of windows 8 you are running and which version of VLC player you have installed??? Can you just post a screen shot of your vlc while playing video so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through????

Operating system – Windows 8 pro
    VlC version - VLC media player 2.0.4 Twoflower

Screen shot:

There might be a codec issue, just try installing K-Lite Codec Pack 9.5.8 and let me know if your VLC player starts working fine after that. Just make sure that you are installing K-Lite Codec Pack 9.5.8, there are many versions of it but Pack 9.5.8 is the latest and it has newer versions of MPC-HC, LAV Filters, ffdshow, DirectVobSub, and madVR. I am not so sure if it will work but you can surely give K-Lite Codec Pack a try. If that doesn’t make any difference in your case then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling VLC.

Even I have installed vlc player in my system running windows 8 and since installing it I haven’t faced any issue as such. Have you changed any settings after installing it????

No I had not changed any settings after installing it. I guess it was not properly installed, I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and it has started working fine. God knows what went wrong with it during the installation.