Thread: HTC Windows Phone 8X has turn by turn GPS or not???

HTC Windows Phone 8X has turn by turn GPS or not???

As my title suggest, I want to know if HTC Windows Phone 8X has turn by turn GPS or not??? I am willing to get it and I have gone through its specification and feature but I don’t see any information regarding turn by turn GPS. Hope someone over here will be aware of it, thanks in advance.

Re: HTC Windows Phone 8X has turn by turn GPS or not???

As far as I am aware HTC Windows Phone 8X doesn’t have free turn by turn GPS application. Currently the turn by turn GPS application has been included up to WP7.5 and it has not been ported to windows phone 8. However, it might get ported soon. Until then you can use an application called "Navigation" for turn-by-turn VOICE navigation. It’s cheap and you can download it from windows phone app store.
    There are other applications like Garmin Street Pilot and Navigon Navigator but they are costly. Navigation is cheaper of them all and had simple is friendly UI.

It’s disappointing that they have removed one of the expected features which were there in prior versions of windows phones. God knows what might be the reason behind removing turn by turn GPS.

Yes you can surely check out Navigation app until turn by turn GPS application gets ported to windows 8. You can first download the trial version of “Navigation” if you like it then you can go ahead and buy it for $5.
    Some people have complained that it’s a battery killer. However, I am not that sure about it, so don’t just buy it and first try its trial version. In case you find it sucking your phones battery then you can check out other compatible third party turn by turn GPS application.

I am using Wisepilot and I sill suggest you the same. One of the best things that I like about Wisepilot is that it uses Navteq and Bing map data and doesn’t stores maps on our phones. It features Voice Guidance, 3D & 2D Worldwide Maps, Lane Assistance, Junction Views, Speed Limits/Alerts, Pin address, Weather, One Line Search and many more things. It is available in marketplace for $32.99. Its costly but then it’s quite worth, It doesn’t have a trail version.
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR

Hey you can check out below ones as well:
    Drive On (Free)
    Silver Navigator ($ 2.99)
    Turn By Turn Navigation ($ 4.99)
    I am not sure if they have trail version but I haven’t heard any complaints regarding them.

Ill suggest you to try out Waze, Its first free turn-by-turn GPS app that uses crowd sourcing for detecting real time traffic conditions. Currently it’s in alpha but many people have tried it out by now and have appreciated it as well.

Waze doesn’t seem to be available for HTC Windows Phone 8X, I have gone through their official site and they allow registration for below HTC phones only:
    HTC Touch Diamond
    HTC Touch Diamond 2 HTC Fuze (Touch Pro)
    HTC Tilt
    I am looking forward to check out Navigation app, I’ll be getting the HTC Windows Phone 8X this weekend.