Thread: "We're Sorry, Office couldn't be uninstalled" error in Office 2013

"We're Sorry, Office couldn't be uninstalled" error in Office 2013

My brother had installed Office 2013 in our home system but I am not comfortable with the same and I want to uninstall it now. I have tried uninstalling it from the control panel but every time I get an error message saying "We're Sorry, Office couldn't be uninstalled" error in Office 2013. I don’t know what’s stopping it from getting uninstalled. I guess he had made clean installation of Office 2013, so I don’t think there should be any issue as such. Has anyone else faced the same error or has any idea about it?? If yes then please let me know how to fix it.

Re: "We're Sorry, Office couldn't be uninstalled" error in Office 2013

Make sure that there is no other program running in the background when you might be trying to uninstall Office 2013. Some programs are likely to interfere with installation and un-installation of other program. So in order to avoid those issues one should run installer or uninstaller as a standalone program in their system.

Which version of windows you are running in your system??? Is it windows 8?? I have found some people facing same error in windows 8 for some unknown reason.
    Like BillieJ has mentioned you can try running the Uninstaller from control panel as standalone program. In case if that doesn’t makes any difference and you get the same error then you can download and run a program called "your uninstaller pro". You just have to install the program, double click the office 2013 icon and uninstall it. Apart from that make sure that you are removing the registry entries of office 2013 once it gets uninstalled.

I am running windows 7 64 bit operating system in my computer. I have tried running the Uninstaller from control panel as standalone program but that’s not making any difference in my case and I am getting the same error message. I will check out the "your uninstaller pro" program and will let you know if it helps, mean time I wanted to share that I don’t have any idea about registry entries and all. Can you just let me know the steps required for removing them manually form my computer??? Further help regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Rather than downloading and running some third party uninstaller I will suggest you to follow the below Knowledge base article by Microsoft for uninstalling Office 2013 completely form your system.
    Uninstall Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365
    This article refers to an automated troubleshooter for removing Office 2013. There are some Guide lines for downloading and installing the automated troubleshooter, so make sure that you are going through that part as well. If you have any queries regarding the steps mentioned in the article than you can feel free to ask, best of luck.

Hey thanks for sharing that link, I have gone through the article and have finally uninstalled Microsoft Office 2013. I followed the first method mentioned there which says “Manual steps to remove Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365 Click-to-Run installations”