Thread: Itunes is not getting installed in windows 8 pro

Itunes is not getting installed in windows 8 pro

Last week I had installed windows 8 in my system and today I tried installing iTunes but it won’t get install. I never had any issue in installing iTunes on windows 7 and it was working fine there. Does that mean iTunes is not yet supported in windows 8 or there is some different workaround for installing it??? Any idea?

Re: Itunes is not getting installed in windows 8 pro

As far as I am aware iTunes is not supported by windows 8 pro yet and there are rumors saying that iTunes 11 will support it, but there hasn’t been any confirmation. Anyways I don’t know why they have not yet come up with a compatible version of iTunes. They had plenty of time for updating it.

Which version of iTunes you are trying to install?? Are you getting any error message while installing it??
    I have come across some people who have mentioned that they have installed iTunes 10.7 and above in their windows 8 system without any issue. So if you are getting any error or pop up message than post it in your next reply so that I can have better idea of the issue you are facing.

Are you sure about that? Because of I have tried installing iTunes 10.7, iTunes 10.8 and iTunes 10.9 by now and none of them got installed. The installation process starts up fine but after some time I get below error message.

I have already logged in as administrator. I don’t know why I am getting that error message.

I want to know if you have tried running the installer in compatibility mode?? There are people who have installed iTunes in windows 7 compatibility mode option.
    In case you haven’t tried, than right click on the installer, select properties, click on compatibility tab, check mark “Run this program in compatibility mode and select window 7 in the drop down list. Make sure that you are saving the changes you have made by clicking on ok and run the installer again.
    It should get installed without any further error and issues. Just give it a try and post back the response you get.

This is what I had done to install iTunes in my windows 8 system:
    First Uninstall itunes and download the latest itunes installer from apple site
    Once the installer gets downloaded, Right clicks on installer and run as administrator
    The installation should go normally, once it gets installed simply open and authorize the PC in itunes.