Thread: Not able to downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 8

Not able to downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 8

I had installed windows 8 on my laptop but now i am finding it a bit complex and i am willing to revert back to windows 7. However after booting from windows 7 installation disk when i start the installation, it goes up to "Starting Windows" animation and gets stuck there. I don't know what's wrong, i did not had any issue in installing windows 8 over windows 7 but i am not able to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7, is there anyone who can help me out???

re: Not able to downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 8

Before I suggest you any workaround I want to know whether you had installed genuine copy of windows 8 or a cracked version?? If you had installed genuine copy, than have you updated your windows 7 to windows 8 or you had made clean installation of windows 7. I also want to know if you are trying to install genuine copy of windows 7 or a crack version.

Let me know about these things so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through.

Re: Not able to downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 8

I have updated to windows 8 over windows 7 using genuine windows 8 update installation disk. Currently I am trying to install same genuine copy of windows 7. I have tried using another genuine windows 7 installation disk and have got the same response. So I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the genuine disks that I am using but it’s with windows 8. I just want to get rid of windows 8 somehow and install windows 7 on it.

Please help me out!!

Have you tried installing windows 7 using bootable usb flash drive?? If you haven’t that you can create a bootable usb flash drive and try installing windows 7 from it.
    You can refer below thread part for creating windows 7 bootable usb flash drive.
    How to install Windows 7 from USB flash drive for Windows XP users

I will surely try that out and will let you know if I get any success, I doubt it will work but I will check that out.

See if you can back up your data from your system somewhere than I will suggest you to make clean installation of windows 7. I mean just take out the drive, erase everything in it, format it and try installing windows 7 on the same. You just have to boot from your Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive . Since your drive will be formatted without any partitions, choose custom installation and selected Unallocated Space on “Where do you want to install Windows? Page.” When you get a dialog box saying “Windows might create additional partitions for system files” simply click on ok and follow the instruction for installing windows 7 normally.