Thread: Google Chrome has stopped working on Windows 8

Google Chrome has stopped working on Windows 8

I had installed windows on the same date of release and everything was working great, last week I had installed Google Chrome but then it seems as if there is something wrong with it. It works fine for a day or two but after that it comes up with below error message while launching it.
    Chrome.exe - application error.
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close the application.

It works fine after doing a System Restore but after a couple of days later I get the same error message while launching it.

Re: Google Chrome has stopped working on Windows 8

Which version of Google Chrome you have installed??? Are you having any issue with other browsers???? Have tried making clean installation of Google Chrome itself rather than doing system restore?? If not than make clean installation of Chrome and let me know if it works fine after that.

I am having Google Chrome Version 23.0.1271.64 m installed. I tried doing clean installation of Chrome couple of times but that was not making any difference in my case. The only solution that I have found helpful so far is system restore but I can’t keep doing that after couple of days. I don’t have any issue with Internet explorer that came pre installed, I never had any issue with Chrome in windows 7, don’t know what’s going wrong with windows 8. Please let me know if there is anything that I can try out for using Chrome, I don’t like Internet explorer and I just want to get chrome working as soon as possible.

Try this:
    • Uninstall chrome first
    • Install ccleaner and do a registry scan and fix
    • Delete all chrome files windows 7 c:\users\yourusername\appdata\ and delete all chrome entries in c:\programdata
    • Reinstall chrome