Thread: Best free Movie Organizer software

Best free Movie Organizer software

Guys I need best Open-Source Movie Organizer. It should be easy to use and should have soothing UI. I have gone through some but I dint liked them. So is there anyone using some Open-Source Movie Organizer and can suggest me one as per my demands?? Suggestion regarding this will be appreciative, thanks in advance.

Re: Best free Movie Organizer software

These are 5 best Open-Source Movie Organizer I am aware of:
    Personal Video Database
    Ant Movie Catalog
    Movienizer
    MyFilms
    You can check them out and use the one that you find satisfying your demand, best of luck.

I will suggest you to check out Ant Movie Catalog, I have used it previously. It is one of the best Movie Organizer in order to have all the movies info at your fingertips. It latest version is 3.5.1.2 and it is compatible with windows xp, windows vista and windows 7. In case you have you have updated to windows 8 than you won’t be able to use it as it is compatible with it.

I am using MyFilms and I will suggest you the same, I think it’s just perfect as Movie Organizer. It supports all TV/PC resolutions on full screen. It supports Avi,Mpg,Wmv,Mkv,Mov,Mp4,Vob (dvd files),Mvb,Rmvb,Iso formats. And finds most of the movie information like Poster,Rating,Plot, Recommended Movies,Genre, Director, Cast, Country, Length, Trailer, U.S Box Office, Critics, Parental Rating, Photo Strip, Year, Quotes and User Comments .

Check out Movienizer, I think that’s what you are looking for and I am quite sure it will fulfill your demands. It brings up movie collection under contro and reminds you what the film was about. With couple of clicks you can get most of the information of a movie.

Go with OXD Software Movie Organizer, it has been voted as best movie maker for 2012 followed by others:
    • OXD Software Movie Organizer
    • Movienizer
    • Movie Label 2012
    • DVD Organizer Pro
    • DVD Organizer Pro

How about Movie Monkey?? Many people are not aware of it as it is a currently in private beta. However I will like to share that Movie Monkey can detect movies in a folder automatically, one just have to point to the folders where his/her collection is saved.It won’t detect movies saved with different or non existing name, for eg if a file name is “The amazing Spiderman [2012]” than Movie Monkey will recognized it perfectly but If it saved as movie1.avi or something like that than it won’t. I have checked out the Movie Organizer that are mentioned above and others like Film Tracker, DVD Organizer, Movoe, SundryTools XV and MediaMan but I found Movie Monkey better, seriously.