Thread: Photofunstudio has stopped working

Photofunstudio has stopped working

I have bought Panasonic GH Camera and have installed Photofunstudio 6.0 BD software for the same on my system running windows vista. I did not had any issue in installing the application however when I am trying to run it than it open for a while and comes up with a message saying “"Photofunstudio has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."
    I get below choices:
    Close the program
    Debug the program
    Close the program simply closes it where as “Debug the program” says no debugger found. I want to know if there is anything that I can do to fix this issue???

Re: Photofunstudio has stopped working

Something might be wrong with your Photofunstudio 6.0 BD software. Uninstalling and reinstalling it would be a better option. Other than this try running it as standalone program, I mean turn off other programs that might be running in background, disable your antivirus and security program while running it. There are possibilities that they might be stopping it from getting launched.

I have already tried that, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it quite a few times but it won’t work. It gets installed without any issue but as soon as I launch it comes up with the mentioned message.

I am running it as admin and I have tried running it as standalone program in my system disabling antivirus and security program but it still comes up with Not working message. I want to know if this issue is specific with windows vista?? I have checked about it on other forum and have found most of them facing this issue after installing Photofunstudio on vista.

I don’t think so, I have used Photofunstudio 5.1 and I did not had any issue in running it on my vista system. However I have updated to windows 7 and I am not using Photofunstudio anymore.
    There are possibilities that your camera might not be compatible with this version. Which camera you are having??? Just let me know about it so that I can have better idea of your issue.

I have Panasonic DMC-GH2 and as far as I am aware it is compatible with PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition. I don’t think there should be any issue as such.

Hey you can try downloading the latest version of Photofunstudio, there has been a PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition Update Program to version 6.0L028. 6.0L028 comes with some improvement and might help you out in fixing this issue.
    You can download it from here PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition Update Program | Digital AV Software Download | Digital AV Software | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global, download and update procedure has been mentioned in same link so you should not have any issue in carrying out those tasks. In case you have any query than you can revert back for further help.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Even I need help regarding the same, I have installed "PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition 6.00.028" but when I try to run it I get an error message saying "PhotoFunStudio has stopped Working. Fault Module Name: DeviceControl.dll". I have followed all solution mentioned here but none of them has helped, there hasn’t been any update form Panasonic after 6.00.028 so I am simply running out of ideas. I want to know if there is any workaround to get it working or I will have to download some older version of PHOTOfunSTUDIO??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Since you have already followed the solutions mentioned here and there is no further update from Panasonic as well, I will suggest you to check out PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.1 HD Edition or PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.2 HD Edition and see if they work out for you. They are the most compatible version for all versions of windows. Reverting back to them will surely be a better idea as I don’t think there will be a new update sooner.

Have you tried running your PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition 6.00.028 in compatibility mode??? I was getting similar error while running PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.1 HD Edition in windows 7 and I had to run it in compatibility mode with windows vista sp3. In case you are running windows 7 than running it in compatibility mode rather than reverting back to older version will be a better idea. I have not issues in running it with windows vista sp3, just try it out and post back if it runs fine for you as well, best of luck.