Thread: MS Project 2010 - Set Task Finish to Always Fall on a Wednesday

MS Project 2010 - Set Task Finish to Always Fall on a Wednesday

I have a task that always finishes on a Wednesday. So if I have a task where the actual work is 4 days, so if were to start on Monday of a given week it would be complete by lets say Thursday of the same week, all things of course being equal, the problem is even though resources a freed formal sign-off cannot occur until the first Wednesday after the work.
    So whether that tasks takes 2 days, 4 days or 144 days the finsh date is always Wednesday.

Does anyone know how to set a task up so it always finishes on a Wednesday?

Re: MS Project 2010 - Set Task Finish to Always Fall on a Wednesday

You should try to schedule the task, simply follow the tips given on this website - http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/pr...010373148.aspx

Thank you for your reply EINSTEIN_007 I've read through the instruction set in the link a couple of times and it doesn't really point me in the direction I need.

Again, looking to automatically/always set a task that has a dependancy to finish on a particular day everytime I do it by setting up some kind of constraint or dependancy formula.

I set it up regularly, have all but this one item setup in a template I just copy paste, set the first task up manually up and all dependant tasks are set up accurately.

Thanks for the input anyway.
    D

The Predecessors field lists the task ID numbers for the predecessor tasks on which the task depends before it can be started or finished. Each predecessor is linked to the task by a specific type of task dependency and a lead time or lag time. The dependency types for predecessors are FS (finish-to-start), FF (finish-to-finish), SS (start-to-start), and SF (start-to-finish). To enter lead time, type a negative number. To enter lag time, type a positive number.

hi DashBoardDan,

I would have a milestone task (i.e. "TASK XYZ SIGNED-OFF") to follow the work task which is dependent on it, but has its own calendar which only allows work on a Wednesday. These milestone tasks will then automaticaly fall on the Wednesday following the work task.