Thread: unable to remove adobe flash player 9.0.45.0 on opera

unable to remove adobe flash player 9.0.45.0 on opera

I am not able to uninstall flash player 9.0.45.0 on opera, I have tried uninstalling it but when ever check out the status of Flash player in help page I find it running. I have tried installing latest flash player but it doesn’t seem as if old version .i.e. 9.0.45.0 is getting replaced by latest version as flash player version installed in Opera continues to show ver. 9.0.45.0.

Re: unable to remove adobe flash player 9.0.45.0 on opera

Are you sure you have uninstalled flash player 9.0.45.0 or installed latest version of it successfully? Did you encounter any error message while uninstalling or installing latest version of opera? You can try uninstalling current version of your flash player using uninstaller that you can download from adobe official site. Just make sure that there is no instance of flash player in your system before installing latest version of flash player. You should try making a clean installation of latest flash player rather than updating it.

Explaining you my issue in detail: I was getting some script error while accessing some web pages because of flash player 9.0.45.0 on opera, so I thought of uninstalling it and making a clean installation of latest version. I simply tried uninstalling flash player from control panel and I did not got any error message while uninstalling it. Later I installed latest version of flash player and I dint came across any error while installing it as well. I rebooted my system after installing latest flash and when I tested opera then I encountered same error message again. Since then I have trying to uninstall flash player using uninstaller and with all possible tricks that has been mentioned at adobe’s site but I am not getting any help. No matter I uninstall it or reinstall it, I see flash player 9.0.45.0 on opera.

Hope you understood my issue completely.

Check out the version of your flash player at this site Find version Flash Player Help / Find version and make a note of it. After confirming current version try following below steps:
    • Close opera, go to start, click on run , type “cmd” without quotes, click on ok
    • Once you get command prompt opened then type “regsvr32 /u npswf32.dll” without quotes and hit enter
    • Now close command prompt and uninstall opera from add/remove program in control panel, make sure that there is no left over’s of file related to opera. You can confirm that by doing manual search.
    • After that reinstall opera, go to above Flash Player Help / Find version page and check out the version you see.

I think that there is something wrong going with opera in your case, try out what I have suggested and post back the result you get.

You were right Edha, the issue was not because of flash player it was because of opera. I thought the script error that I was getting was related to flash player but it appears as if it was related to opera. I mean since uninstalling opera and making a clean installation of its latest version I am not getting any script error for any site. I have checked out current version of flash player installed in my system at “Flash Player Help” page and it is showing correct version now. I should have better tried out uninstalling and reinstalling opera rather than doing the same thing for opera.