Thread: Flash player downloading completed but cant find it on my computer

Flash player downloading completed but cant find it on my computer

Need some urgent help from you buddies. I am making a project with videos and i need to download some related videos from Youtube, But when i launch any of my browser and visit youtube, it says plugin required to play the videos. When i click the top bar, it starts downloading Adobe Flash Player. Once the download gets completed system tells me to restart the browser to watch videos. When i restart, surprisingly i get the same error again.

Tried Firefox 4, IE 9 and Opera 12, but yet the same result. Also i tried searching Flash player on my system but it wont show anywhere, not even in control panel. Than were is it downloading my flash file ?

Re: Flash player downloading completed but cant find it on my computer

Quote Originally Posted by Hache hi View Post
    it says plugin required to play the videos. When i click the top bar, it starts downloading Adobe Flash Player. Once the download gets completed system tells me to restart the browser to watch videos. When i restart, surprisingly i get the same error again.
    Why are you downloading in that way...its not effective and obviously you will get errors. The one you are downloading is only plugin, but do you have Flash Player in your system ? For example, you cannot run Firefox plugins if you dont have Firefox browser. Hope you understand what i meant. So, simply visit Adobe site or Google Adobe Flash player and download the installer. Install it, for better results reboot your system and open youtube. It will work.

Even i am having the same problem but in your way Maq.h. Am not trying to install it from any browser, but am downloading Flash player from Adobe's own site. When i click on download URL, it shows the size of about 1MB (i guess flash player should be much larger in size), download starts, i can see the download progress, but as soon as it completes 100%, i can't see it any more in the download folder.

Dont know where it gets disappear. Whats wrong with Flash or Adobe ? It is one of the reputed companies, right ? Any way to fix this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvaraj Shrivastav View Post
    i can see the download progress, but as soon as it completes 100%, i can't see it any more in the download folder
    Really ? Even you ? DAMN, am sure its Adobe's fault. It happened with me also. Normally i dont need flash so much because i dont stream videos or play flash games. But sometimes i need it because of few websites made with flash content. Hence am trying to install it on my system from weeks and am getting exactly the same problem.

It just disappears after getting 100%. So what i did once is i opened the Firefox download manager and double clicked right there to open it. It opened, and showed me a message saying "downloading Flash". I dont know what it is. But after few seconds, it suddenly game an error and disappeared again. Now i think we should find some alternative for flash player.

Well guys, I understood what is your problems. The file you downloading from Adobe is only web installer file, hence it is just in 1MB of size. Just do one thing, visit this URL http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ . Select your operating system and browser. Next click DOWNLOAD button given below. This will download the complete Flash installer file that should be around 9 to 10MB. Install this and all your Flash problems with be solved.