Thread: Unable to uninstall Office 360

Unable to uninstall Office 360

I had installed Office 360 and now did not want this. I need some help to remove this completely. I tried to do that through control panel, but it gave me some error. I do not really remember the same. I need some easy way to get rid of this thing. Is there is any utility that can do this. Thanks.

Re: Unable to uninstall Office 360

Try to reboot your system first. And if still you are not able to remove the same, the best thing you can do is remove it safe mode. There can be some associated services which are causing the error. It possible post the screenshot or detail of what error you ware facing.

It looks that you are not able remove the same through automatic mode. But there is a manual way of doing the same. I found this steps on Microsoft Forums. It really works. You have to one by one delete a number of files from your system and also clean up the registry entries of Office 360. To do that you must backup your registry or else there would be more errors. This steps are not recommended for novice.

Type regedit in Start menu search box and hit enter. You can see the Registry Editor. In that go to File > Export. Give a name and save the file. This is the backup. You can restore that in case of any further error. Now we have to remove components of Office 360 one by one. They are registration for C2R components. The components lies in the registry and can be disabled completely. Now you have to find 15.0 inside HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Pffice. There is a ClickToRun folder where you can locate Office 360. Delete the .xml file from that. The second thing you have to do is remove the assigned scheduled task for this. You can do that through cmd also. The commands for that is :

• schtasks.exe /delete /tn "FF_INTEGRATEDstreamSchedule"
    • schtasks.exe /delete /tn "FF_INTEGRATEDUPDATEDETECTION"
    • schtasks.exe /delete /tn "FF_INTEGRATEDOffice 15 Subscription Heartbeat"

Still if you are facing issue then you can visit the following thread for more detailed info - I can't uninstall Office 360 - Microsoft Answers

I never thought it will be so complicated to remove Office 360. I never used it, but just installed the same for testing purpose. I am sure this can be removed from Control Panel in Safe Mode.

What is the exact error you are facing. A application uninstallation is interrupted when services associated to it is running in the background. You can find the same in task manager. Run Task Manager and look for the following .exe files integratedoffice.exe, appvshnotify.exe, integrator.exe, firstrun.exe and setup*.exe. Stop them all through Task Manager and again try to run the uninstallation process. If this all background services are closed then the uninstallation will work properly.

If still you face the error, run msconfig and check of Office 360 services. Disable them completely. In safe mode a number of services are disabled and they do not respond. That is why it is recommended to remove apps from that. Also there is manual way of deleting the files from Progam Files Folder. But it is simply complicated and can generate more errors. So to some extent it is not recommended to delete files manually.

There is one more thing you can try. Download Office 365 fresh setup and install it again. Then go for removal. It can fix some of the corrupted internal files and will make the app work better. I will not recommend you to mess with the registry entries. That is not going to work well according to me.

The error is due to missing files of Office 360 which makes the uninstallation procedure fail. You have to run a fresh setup as told above. It is not possible to find the missing files so easily.

If there was a way to find the error caused by associated file you can get rid of that easily. You can locate the cab files easily on web and all you need is to download and put them in the prescribed folder. Can you mention the exact error. The last time when I tried to remove Office 360 the error I received was We're sorry. Office couldn't be uninstalled. Please try uninstalling Office again. Nothing happened after that.

I ignored the same and it is still working. I do not use it. But after a Windows update I just check the Control Panel > Uninstall Program > to get rid of Office 365 and it worked without error. It was nicely uninstalled. So this looks a straight issue of some files that is either corrupted, missing or engaged at the time of removal. You have to check each of them. There is no utility available that can remove this thing. It is a bit annoying really. Try to run Windows update and then check back. I hope you are using Microsoft's error reporting service. Because through that you can receive valid udpates instantly making your system perform in much better way.

Check this link. It says the same thing. When there is some files which is engaged in some process the removal fails. Try to end task some app from Task Manager > Processes. You will get a better option there.

This is one of the most common error people are facing on Office 360. the manual process is recommended only. This starts with removing the published component of C2R. The comes the process of removing package folder through registry. The one which is mentioned in the second reply above. Do the same as it is mentioned. Then comes killing the process from Task Manager. The list of files is provided in the fourth reply. Remember that until you do not close all office apps then it will not be removed.

Some of the integrated app that you can find in task manager is integratedoffice.exe, appvshnotify.exe, integrator.exe, firstrun.exe and setup*.exe. Then in Program Files you can see Office 15 folder that you have to remove. In the same way remove ClickToRun and FFPakcage Locaker from Microsoft folder. Run a good registry clearner to wipe out pending enteries.

That too does not work. There are number of reasons for the same. Microsoft must provide some kind of uninstallation utility to remove Office 360 completely. The one they had provided for various applications.