Thread: Need Zune alternative software

Need Zune alternative software

Guys, need an urgent suggestion. I was using Galaxy S2 since long time and was happy with Android because they dont need any PC suite to work with the phone and your computer system. But as i wanted to try something new, i bought Lumia 800 (and i guess i made a mistake). I knew i will need to use Zune for the same, Ok, i installed but now getting annoyed with the same.

Though both products (Lumia and Windows 7) belongs to microsoft, every time i need to connect my phone to the PC for syncing the changes i do in my outlook or my phone. And that is very irritating. I mean, i have a high speed wifi network, there is cloud system, and many more such services. Why dont they use those technologies and give us some relief from connecting phones and pcs via cable everytime.

Re: Need Zune alternative software

Quote Originally Posted by Naila View Post
    Though both products (Lumia and Windows 7) belongs to microsoft, every time i need to connect my phone to the PC for syncing the changes i do in my outlook or my phone. And that is very irritating. I mean, i have a high speed wifi network, there is cloud system, and many more such services.
    Well it could be irritating to connect phones specially via cable every time but there are few alternatives to do the same, you just need to be aware of it. As you said you have high speed wifi network at your place, you can configure your device and pc to sync automatically everytime on wifi. Also you dont need to do anything one you did all settings. Hows that ?

Here are the settings you need to follow to sync your Lumia with Windows 7 on WiFi:
    • For the first time you will need to use your USB cable for connecting Phone with PC. Connect it.
    • Launch Zune on your system.
    • Go to Settings and click on Wireless Sync options.
    • Now go through the instructions shown on screen to complete the settings and you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    Here are the settings you need to follow to sync your Lumia with Windows 7 on WiFi:
    • For the first time you will need to use your USB cable for connecting Phone with PC. Connect it.
    • Launch Zune on your system.
    • Go to Settings and click on Wireless Sync options.
    • Now go through the instructions shown on screen to complete the settings and you are done.
    Wow, thats great Maq.h. i was not aware of this and always use to go through that irritating process of connecting cables and Sync. Can you please tell me in which instance, my Lumia will Sync with the system ? I mean after what time period or what changes ? Thanks for your help,.

You are welcome Daisuke. There is actually nothing such requirement of changes or instances to make your phone sync with your system over WiFi but there are few Conditions for making your phone sync. Those are as follows.

• First of all make sure your battery is having atleast 50% of charge.
    • While or before syncing your phone, it must be connected with the charger.
    • You must leave your phone ideal. It includes do not touch your phone, dont touch its screen, almost all applications should be closed, there should be no video or music running in the background, backlight should be off. In short, it should be on complete ideal mode.
    • Last, obviously your Phone and system should be connected over same WiFi.