Thread: Does adding too much RSS in Microsoft Outlook can make it slow

Does adding too much RSS in Microsoft Outlook can make it slow

I am using Microsoft Outlook express and I facing issue with slow mail client. I had added 4 email clients in the same. I had added around 50 rss feeds to the outlook to get updates on latest news. I had kept the settings on auto-deleting. When I exist it deletes everything. I had added more feeds to it, but day by day outlook is getting slower. At start it looks around a minute to open up completely and sometime I see a message that program stopped responding. I need help to find out how to improve the speed of my email client.

Re: Does adding too much RSS in Microsoft Outlook can make it slow

Microsoft Outlook really lags a lot. There are certain ways by which you can reduce the usage. First of all if you are getting that much rss updates then surely your system will be affected. You can start by disabling the add-ins that are used in Microsoft Outlook. I can say that there are some add-ins in your system which is causing the issue.

You can disable that one by one and let only important stuff run. After disabling them Outlook will load much faster. There are number things that you will find are not needed and all of them loads up. To disable then you have to go in Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins > Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging> Go.

Once you had removed those which are not needed you can then test back. If still it is slower then you might need to reduce the rss files. Or another good alternative is to go for a simple rss reader other than outlook express. It is recommended that you must use a fee reader for that. This will not put pressure on yoru email client. I had seen some tools who can optimize outlook but never used them. I am not sure how they actually works. What I know more amout of files in your outlook will increase the load time.

Outlook becomes slower as you keep using the same. It is quiet risky according to me. I had noticed that rss and mails makes the client more slower.

It is far more better if you go for a rss reader. That is actually the best option. Do not simply merge all your rss updates and mails into one client. It will freeze the pc entirely and make your system more slower. If you like outlook type interface then the best reader that I found is NewzCrawler. Simple interface with two window look. It loads up your all rss files instantly.

You can use Microsoft Outlook separately on your system for mail setup. It is found that if Microsoft outlook is updated it became easier to use. If not then the slow issue continuous. Windows updates give you ample of fix that you can run on your system and make it more stable. Also if the size of pst file in Outlook rises it takes time to load. It is not Linux which will boot instantly and make your job more easier. Above all what I recommend is to go with a separate rss reader.

This is far more better according to me. You can separately manage your rss and emails. I had kept outlook only to read rss files and Thunderbird as my default mail reader.

Outlook is a pain. I had seen and I had tried to configure the same for more than 10 times but still the same issue. It lags like a hell. It is right that using a separate rss reader for the same can fix the issue to some extent.

As a mail exchange Microsoft outlook is some what annoying. I have around 5 different account on it. When I configure some of them it was good, but after adding more and a couple of rss it simply lags a lot. I cannot consider this as keeping all your stuff into single application. There are some things that you can do to improve its performance. For that you will need to modify the TTL settings. This is Time to Live settings in outlook express. After a few interval of time based on the settings outlook tries to scan for new feeds.

So if some of your feed is discontinued or stopped then outlook gets engaged in the process. For that you can set the feed settings on hourly basis. You can modify the settings and make outlook to search for the free in every one or 2 hours depending on your need. You can find those settings in advance. To some extent if you are having too much rss then it is better that you go for any better tool separately. In the same panel click on Send & Receive and then click on RSS. Here you can modify the time interval when outlook tries to find any rss file.

You must not load up that must feeds to your mail client. It can work slower. Feed demon is one of the best reader that I had seen yet. I found is very comfortable to use.

Did you keep those rss files or simply delete them. Because it is possible that if there are tons of feeds already configured on your email client, it can kill your system. Also for that you need a alteast 2gb or higher ram. Switching to another email client is not a wise solution. What matters mostly is quick usage. I am working on Linux Mint and I had did the same that you are doing on Windows. But never face any kind of low bandwidth issue here. It is simple to work and operate. One thing which is recommended is that you must keep removing the feeds which you do not need. This will make your system better. There are ample stuff that you can do to fix the output performance, but the same is of no use. As time goes one the application again goes slower.

Get a good rss reader That is better. Keeping the feeds separately can only fix your slow performance issue. Update your email client and then check for sometime.