Thread: How to fix common Outlook 2007 and Exchange Sync errors

How to fix common Outlook 2007 and Exchange Sync errors

I want some help to deal with common sync errors between Outlook 2007 and Exchange server. We had configured a new Exchange server at our office. All things look working fine, but there is some issue related to Outlook sync. Many people are facing the issue. For some it is working but for some people it not at all syncing. If they are all on the same network then issue must not appear. I cannot also have a option to give some kind of settings file that users can import directly outlook and then get their account working. I am sure Microsoft Exchange does not has any of those features. The issue lies with syncing only. While outlook does not crashes or there is no major error I had seen yet. I am using Windows Vista.

Re: How to fix common Outlook 2007 and Exchange Sync errors

It is right that there is no way by which you can simply import settings in your email client. But I list you the exact ways by which you can sync outlook with exchange. I will advice you to keep a printout of this steps and give to all people in your office you are using Outlook. Or you can simply paste it somewhere where all can view.
    • Start > Control Panel > Mail Setup. (If you cannot see this type Mail on the top right search box.)
    • Click on Email Account > Add New Email > Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP > At the end you can see a box Manually Configure server settings or additional server types. Tick on that and then click on Next.
    • Now choose Microsoft Exchange. This is the place where you will need to keep your login information ready.
    • The first box is your Exchange server. Type the full name of server properly. Then come the user id. You can click on Check name to find whether the user id is valid or not. Click on Next.

This is where the sync process ends up. After that there are other settings that can be used to configure the behavior of Microsoft Exchange server. If everyone follow the common steps then I am sure that there will not be any issue. One thing you will need to ensure that the user id must be active on the server. If still you face issue check you server status.

Found a Microsoft link based on various troubleshooting steps on Outlook 2007 and Exchange Sync errors. There are many points covered under this. You can keep a eye on more similar articles that can guide you for the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842284

Mostly the sync error is because of connectivity. If the connection between email client and server fails the users are not able to access their mails. Also if this happens for the first time you got the same issue. The issue also lies to slow startup which is the most common. Wait for sometime, your outlook will be connected automatically. If not then the because of tcp/ip host name failure the sync fails. There are number of things that can be tried here. What matters most is the right server name. The connectivity and other important details which are needed for synchronization. Normally it takes around 30 seconds to resolve the tcp/ip host name failure issue. But the same is then quickly restored. Try to restart outlook or reboot your system and begin settings. Ensure that you can at-least ping the server and you are getting respond from that. If the server is properly activated you will not face such kind of problem. Search for Host Name Resolution troubleshooting here that can help you out.

On those system where you are facing connectivity failure issue try to run Outlook Repair setup. This happens a number of time. I had did the same, on my laptop. Exchange server works fine on the desktop but when I reconfigure the same on my laptop I face connectivity errors. I had run Office Repair setup and it went fine.

There is a tool which can be used for this purpose. It is called as Add2Exchange. This software provides you easy addon for Exchange server. You can install this software on your server and addons on your host machine. It automatically syncs outlook with exchange. Unfortunately this tool is not free, you will need to buy it. This tool is basically designed for mobile phones. Other than this the issue mostly lies the system is not able to connect to server. The easiest way to find out why this happens is by sending ping command to server. Like ping ayz.server.name. If you are not getting respond then the issue lies on the server side. Outlook is not responsible for that. Another easy way to get rid of issue is by IP address resolve.

That looks a bit tricky process. Do one thing put all your lan systems on a single work group. Where the Exchange server is hosted. Is it online or on your lan network. If it is on the lan you have to put all the computers on a common work group. Sometime due to authentication issue the client system is not able to access the server.

It does not looks actually complicated to configure exchange server on outlook. You need the server name with login access and you are done. Outlook has settings to identify Microsoft Exchange server. I am not able to understand why you are facing such issue. There is small tool called as Easy2Sync. It is being used to sync your outlook content with exchange server. I had used this long before at my friends laptop. While searching on the internet I found this application and it has resolved the issue. One thing that I am not able to figure out is how does outlook do not respond while making a manual setup, while this tool has fix the error. There might be some settings that are not correct configured.

Download MX-Sync. This is a small utility which is used to sync your Exchange email account with Outlook. I had seen the utility works very nicely to sync the data and works in smoother way. It is quiet a nice utility that works with sql server also. Along with sync the utility also helps you to manage many task evenly. On exit you can simply sync your email client contacts, emails, task, etc.