Thread: Cancel Backup...

Exclamation Cancel Backup...

I recently started Windows Backup only to realize shortly thereafter that my SD card wasn't big enough and I have no DVD's/CD's. I live in a nursing home so I can't get out to get anything to finish the backup. Anyway...How can I cancel backup? I've tried going back into the backup settings,etc but can't find a way to stop it.
    Any help appreciated!

Re: Cancel Backup...

If you want to disable the backup data in windows 7 then follow the below command:

1. First of all download the reg file of Disable_Backup_Data_Files.rar from the below attachment. Note that you will have to unrar it with a tool called winrar and save it to the desktop.
    2. After that right click on the .reg file and you will get an option to Merge, just click on it.
    3. Now you have to click on Run, then 2 times yes and then again yes and OK when prompted. Thats it, you will see that the backup data is not being disabled.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well I thought it worked like a charm but I'm still getting a notification from my action center telling me I need to install the media to continue the back-up. Oh well, thanks for trying to help me anyway.
    Vince.

if you want then you can simply try disabling the windows backup program.Since you are running windows 7 you can follow the below steps:
    1. Go to Start > Search for taskschd.msc
    2. when the Task Scheduler gets opened then expand Task Scheduler Library>Microsoft >Windows >click on WindowsBackup.
    3. Now in the middle pane you will see "AutomaticBackup" and "Windows Backup Monitor" so disable them and save the changes.

just try it out and let me know if it is helping or not.

I checked in the task scheduler and both windows backup and backup monitor were already disabled so I went into the action center and disabled notifications for windows backup then restarted my laptop and I'm still getting the warning notification to insert correct media to continue backup. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to ignoring the warning. Thanks to everyone for your advice on the matter.

Can you try to perform a System Restore in your Windows 7 machine so that it will revert back to a time when it was working fine. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

I have given up on system restore long ago it has "NEVER" worked!!! Never mind guys and thanks. I'll just ignore the little white flag with the red X. So much time wasted on such a small problem.

One last shot that you can try is, go in the windows start bar and then type "backup" in the search area, open "Backup and Restore" and in the new window you'll have a button that will allow you to cancel the backup, this is also where you can adjust the backup options.

There is no button to cancel backup. I did what you suggested and this is the window I get.

You can do a repair of your windows 7 operating system if everything fails. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore. In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. After that insert the repair disc in the cd/dvd and restart pc and select recovery option when booting.

Thanks viceman but because of my financial and living conditions I can't even afford a cd/dvd and have no transportation to go anywhere either. I'm not going into details about that stuff because it's embarrassing to say the least.
    Thank for your suggestion anyway and everyone else who have tried to help me with this annoyance.
    V.J.