Thread: Unable to copy from Photoshop and past into Dreamweaver

Unable to copy from Photoshop and past into Dreamweaver

Am facing bit problem with Photoshop and Dreamweaver, hope you guys will surely help me out. I am trying to copy something from photoshop to Dreamweaver, but dreamweaver is not allowing me to paste it. when I am trying the copy Photoshop document to past it into the HTML page, Dreamweaver won’t show the option to past. i dont have any experience about this because this is the first time i am using both of these applications. Done everything that was suggested to me by my colleague but nothing is working for me. Am i making any mistake here that resulting in such problem ? Please help.

Re: Unable to copy from Photoshop and past into Dreamweaver

I dont know what could be the reason behind this problem but but you must know that the option of the Copying and pasting images from the Photoshop is only available in the Dreamweaver CS4, it usually open the Optimize Image dialog box when you trying to pasting from the Photoshop.In Dreamweaver CS4 for inserting the image, on the document you will have to go to the Insert and select Image. Alternatively you can simply do it by drag and drop of the PSD file from the Files panel if it is kept on the same site folder.

If you do it in this way, it will work for sure but if you still getting the problem than i should say that there may be other reason such as insufficient memory or the cache file got corrupted. To fix this you should delete the personal configuration folder of the Dreamweaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowri View Post
    If you do it in this way, it will work for sure but if you still getting the problem than i should say that there may be other reason such as insufficient memory or the cache file got corrupted. To fix this you should delete the personal configuration folder of the Dreamweaver.
    Thanks for the prompt help 'Gowri', but sorry to say noone of these worked. I even tried deleting cache folder and also there is no problem for memory. Is there anything else you could suggest

Seems a small setting problem in your photoshop itself. Dont worry, it can be fixed easily. I would like to know did you check marked the option "Export Clipboard" ? It is an option in the Photoshop that should be selected in order to copy/paste with the Dreamweaver. FYI, it looks like this:

You need to go in General Preferences panel to get this option, check the box and you are done. By doing so you will be able to copy a layer or the selection as well in the PSD file to the Dreamweaver to save an image for the Web