Thread: Error Code 0xE0000024 when trying to sync OneNote 2010 to SkyDrive

Error Code 0xE0000024 when trying to sync OneNote 2010 to SkyDrive

My system runs on windows 7 and I have been using OneNote 2010 and everything was working fine. Since yesterday I don’t know what went wrong with the same and now when I am trying to sync changes to the notebooks that are stored on SkyDrive using OneNote then I am getting an error Code 0xE0000024 saying "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks." I have tried entering the password several times and I am sure that I am entering it right but the same pop up message is coming after entering the password. I did not had such issues previously and it has started suddenly. Is there a fix for this??

Re: Error Code 0xE0000024 when trying to sync OneNote 2010 to SkyDrive

While checking out for this issue I have found that this issue has been reported by people who have installed Live ID Sign-in Assistant, Live Essentials or latest updates. So if you are amongst them then you can try out modifying the registry and forcing the OneNote for using default system provider. You can either start the sign-in assistant, set the registry key and start OneNote or create the String Value by copying the below text and saving it as a FILE.REG and double clicking on the same.
    If you are using 32-bit Office on 64-bit Windows-
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Internet]
    "SkyDriveAuthenticationProvider"="idcrldisable"

If you are using 32-bit Office on 32-bit Windows or 64-bit Office on 64-bit Windows-
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Internet]
    "SkyDriveAuthenticationProvider"="idcrldisable"

I have not tried out the same myself but I have found it to be said as working by one who was running in to similar issue previously. Just try it out and post back the result you get.

You can very well try out the solutions that have been mentioned but if that’s not helping then you can try out the below things and see if that’s helping:
    • Try clearing the cache
    • Try installing the latest Windows Live Essentials
    • If you are not using or having Windows Live Essentials then you should download latest Live ID Sign-in Assistant
    • Try clearing the live credentials from the vault
    • Try uninstalling and reinstalling OneNote
    • If these things are not making any difference in your case then you can try out installing the latest update for KB2289161 from the Microsoft site. Some people have mentioned that they have solved out the same issue by jut installing updates for KB2289161.

Just give a try to the solutions that I have mentioned here and let me know if anyone of them is ending the issue in your case.

Hey guys thanks for your interest but then I have tried out the registry thing but I am getting an error message saying only some binary import will be allowed and so, I am still getting the same error when trying to sync the changes. Other than this I have tried clearing cache, installing latest Windows Live Essentials, clearing live credentials from the vault, uninstalling and reinstalling OneNote, installing latest updates for KB2289161 but I am still not having any luck with all of them. Is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue? I am really running out of ideas and I don’t know what to do. I have been looking after a solution for the same throughout the web and I have come across more and more people having similar issue. I don’t know why there has not been any effective solution for this as it has been reported by mass. If anyone finds any update on this issue then please share it here, it will be very grateful.

I don’t know why modifying the registry is not working out for you even though it has helped out a number of other peoples. Anyways I have found one modifying the registry for getting rid of the binary import error message. So if you want then you can try making those changes as well. I am not sure if that will work or not but you can give it a try.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Internet]
    "SkyDriveAuthenticationProvider"="idcrldisable".
    Let me know if it helps. Best of luck.