Thread: CamStudio won’t record video properly

CamStudio won’t record video properly

I have just downloaded and installed CamStudio, the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am trying to play the recorded video by it then the whole video is not getting played. It just plays one frame from the clip. I am not sure if I am missing out anything, is there anything I can try out to solve this issue??

Re: CamStudio won’t record video properly

I just wanted to know that have you tried using different codecs like Microsoft Video 1 codec, Camstudio Lossless Codec, Xvid/DivX, FFDShow? If they are not making any difference in your case then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling CamStudio and see if the issue is getting solved that way. If that’s not helping as well then you can try reinstalling C++ Runtime libraries from Microsoft as there are possibilities that it might have got corrupted or you might be missing the same. After downloading it you can try choosing Xvid from the "video options" window. You can get the C++ Runtime libraries from below link
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Hey thanks for your help but I have tried out uninstalling and reinstalling Camstudio previously, doing that did not helped. I have tried using Microsoft Video 1 codec, Camstudio Lossless Codec, Xvid/DivX, FFDShow and other as well but then they are not appearing to be making any difference. I have tried playing the recorded video in different media players but they are just not able to play the video properly like I have mentioned. After you suggestion I have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package but the Xvid is missing from the video options window. How will I use that now?? Any further help regarding the sane will be highly appreciated.

If you are recording games then you can use the below settings:
    • Key Frames Every: 30 to 200
    • Capture Frame Every: 40ms
    • Playback Rate: 25fps

Other than this you should also use MCI for "Audio Settings for Microphone” and set the same for using Stereo Mix. This setting is said to be the best Settings for CamStudio to Sync Audio and Video. If you have any doubt regarding the same then you can google out “Best Settings for CamStudio to Sync Audio and Video” and check out videos regarding the same on youtube or for much better information check out the article on screencasttutorial site.

I was using Hypercam previously but I did not like it that much as it was minimizing the game. Now I have started using camstudio but then like the questioner has mentioned the framerate is weird. I have tried using below media player but I am getting the same response from them.
    • VLC
    • WMP
    • Realplayer
    • HP Movie Player
    • Quicktime

I have tried out performing the solutions that have been mentioned here and on other sites as well but they are not helping me out. I am using CamStudio 2.6 Beta and will like to know if there is any version of it that can help. I think that there is something wrong with the CamStudio 2.6 Beta. I have found a no of people having issues with it while I was looking out after a solution for my issue.

I am not here to advertise or support any screen capturing program but as most of you here are having several issues with CamStudio. I think that you all can check out the below ones as well. They are said to be the Best Screen Capture Tools:

• Snipping Tool
    • FastStone Capture
    • Jing
    • Skitch
    • Snagit

Just check them out and see if anyone of them is satisfying your needs without any such issues.

Since CamStudio is a free Screen Capturing Software you all might be looking after an alternate that’s free as well. If it is so then you can check out these ones as well, they all are free!!!
    • Windows Media Encoder
    • VirtualDub
    • Wink
    • XVidCap
    • ScreenCoder