Thread: CamStudio wont record video when audio is activated

CamStudio wont record video when audio is activated

My system is running on windows 7 and when I am using CamStudio for recording video along with audio then it is not recording video. I don’t know what the issue all about is, I am using CamStudio for the first time so I am not very sure if I am missing out anything. Is there anyone who has faced the same?? I have checked out for the same and have not found other facing the same. Can anyone help me out fixing this??

Re: CamStudio wont record video when audio is activated

In that case I just wanted to know that have you tried using other codecs. I have found people having issues with Microsoft Video 1 codec. So if you are using the same then try using Camstudio Lossless Codec or Xvid/DivX or FFDShow and see if they are making any difference. If you want then you can try using some other media player to ensure there is nothing wrong with the player that you are using. I also wanted to know that have you tried out uninstalling and reinstalling CamStudio. I am not sure if that will make any difference in your case but then you can give it a try to check out if it helps. Just try out what I have suggested and let me know the response that you get when using Camstudio Lossless Codec or Xvid/DivX or FFDShow so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

I have tried out uninstalling and reinstalling Camstudio several times but it is not making any difference in my case. Other than this I have tried using Microsoft Video 1 codec, Camstudio Lossless Codec, Xvid/DivX, FFDShow but they were not helping. I have tried using different media players and they are just playing the audio and not video. I am just running out of ideas now, I have checked out other screen recorder and had found Camstudio to be the best and it was suggested to me by a no of people as well. I really did not expected to run into issues like this. Any further help regarding the same will be appreciated.

I think you will have to Re-install the runtime libraries as there are possibilities it might have got corrupted. Since you have not mentioned the bit version you can refer to the below links:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
    I also wanted to know which all media players you have used for playing the Camstudio created files.

I have played the created file in VLC, WMP, Realplayer, the HP Movie Player, Quicktime they all were just playing the audio and not the video as I have mentioned. I have tried using their latest versions but they are just not able to play the video, I am quite sure that there is something wrong with the Camstudio but I don’t know what? I have tried out all the possible codecs but I don’t know why they are not making any difference.

Have you tried using any-video-converter? If not then try using the same and convert the Camstudio created files to "custom MPEG-4". As far as I am aware a video created using that should play fine in media players like VLC, WMP, Realplayer, the HP Movie Player, Quicktime. Just check it out and let me know if you are able to get the videos work in that way.