Thread: Change channel using VLC with Pinnacle PC 110i pci live stream

Change channel using VLC with Pinnacle PC 110i pci live stream

I have installed a Pinnacle PC 110i pci card in my computer so that I can stream live TV using Wi-Fi to any other computer in any computer present in my home. To control the TV and the channels that are being shown on it, I use K! TV application. It is also easy to use and properly configured. I have no complaint regarding its quality, but when using it to redirect the TV signals to get the video on VLC media player is difficult. K! TV configures itself with VLC very well, but when I need to change channel, I need to restart VLC media player again. Can someone tell me some way by which I can change channel of my TV channel without having to restart VLC media player?

Re: Change channel using VLC with Pinnacle PC 110i pci live stream

You can use Remote TV software to stream video output that is acquired on a computer with a TV tuner card to another computer using Wi-Fi. This software functions on basis of client server model with components for each side. You can send request to change channel from the client machine which will be accepted by the main machine. In this manner, you can watch TV and change channel whenever you want. For this method, you need to have VLC media player on both server and the client computer. Both the computers must compulsorily have .NET framework v2.0 installed in it for proper working of Remote TV in it. Now you need to find the server and client components from Google to install on both the computers. For server’s component, download RemoteTVServerInstall.exe and install it on the desired computer. Similarly download RemoteTVClientInstall.exe and install it on the client computer.

Re: Change channel using VLC with Pinnacle PC 110i pci live stream

After installation, you can start the RemoteTVServer to find a form with many textboxes prompting for input. You can set the port through which you want to stream out the video, the video device used for getting the video, that is, the TV tuner card. You also need to set the audio device that is the sound card and to connect this application to VLC media player; you can give the path of the executable file of VLC. On client side where RemoteTVClient is installed, there too you will get a window’s form. Here you will have to insert the port number of the server computer. This port number is the IP address or name of the computer. The port number inserted on the server side form should also be same here. The client too will need to redirect the application to the VLC media player in his computer. The client will get a remote control type of Windows Form which will have options to turn on and turn off the TV, change the channel, save favorite channel and directly change to it.

It has been noticed that many times Remote TV fails to give the audio output properly. This is because of the Firewall settings in the client’s computer. Either you can switch off the Firewall temporarily or restart the TV. Since Remote TV application works on UDP streams for transferring frames in the client PC, make sure that Firewall allows UDP streams. Many times the picture of the TV will freeze to one single frame. Again you will need to restart the TV.