Thread: M2Ts File gives no audio when imported to VideoWave in Roxio Creator Pro 2012

M2Ts File gives no audio when imported to VideoWave in Roxio Creator Pro 2012

I have many videos recorded in my Sony HDR-SR8E camcorder that is causing its memory full. So i decided to make a DVD with combined video and hence i installed Creator Pro 2012 on my windows 7 system. Installation went fine but when I am importing videos from my camcorder to VideoWave for editing, i am only able to see the videos and there is no sound. The same m2ts (or mts) files does not respond in the same way when I play them in CinePlayer or VLC player as well as Windows Media Player. I have tried Displaying the native audio track using Audio Editor. but after that I am just getting a flat line that says there is no audio. i dont have any idea about fixing this problem. Is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about it, please help me too.

Re: M2Ts File gives no audio when imported to VideoWave in Roxio Creator Pro 2012

Didn't you tried using DivX Plus Converter ? If not, better try it for converting the files to mkv Plus HD files and let me know if it it works for you. Its really a very good software for this purpose.

If you dont want to with it or if that does not help then you can also try out some other converter. There are many available in the market. For example, that i have used personally, you can go with Total video converter, Bigasoft Video converted or AVS4YOU Converter for converting your camcorder files to any standard video format.

Re: M2Ts File gives no audio when imported to VideoWave in Roxio Creator Pro 2012

Well, DivX Plus Converter is not so effective as even i had used it. And yeah, i had faced the same problem as above where i was not getting Audio from the files in VideoWave. As per my experience, this issue occurs with just mts/m2ts files from the camcorder where as the avi, mov and wmv files are just working fine without any such issues.

I guess that the problem is with the Roxio/Corel. because after working on it i found that CineEditor and the VideoWave basically uses a set of codecs, and if CineEditor can play the audio why can’t the VideoWave.

I think that you might have missed out something in the Windows audio settings. I mean that there are possibilities that the volumes might be not high as required, anyways can you let me know whether you are having full Creator 2012 program? Or Standard or Pro? Have you ever used an earlier version of this program? Which audio card you are having?? Is it having the latest drivers or not? Also is there any codec packs that you might have added?

Anyways, just simply follow the steps mentioned in this article, it is about preparing your system before installing the Roxio PC products. It will help you to find out if you have had missed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fullorton View Post
    Anyways, just simply follow the steps mentioned in this article, it is about preparing your system before installing the Roxio PC products. It will help you to find out if you have had missed anything.
    So you mean to say that there is something wrong with my installation and not the Roxio, right ? Friend, this is not my first Roxio product, I have used Roxio Creator 10 earlier on the same machine. It worked fine for months or till i used it. I really don’t think that I have missed out anything. Also while installing v2012, I had uninstalled the earlier version completely and also deleted the left its folders from my system as well.

As far as Roxio 2012 is concerned, i even reinstalled this product but still there is success. I am still running in same issues. Even I dont having any additional codecs installed on my system, also checked the audio settings. I don’t think that there is anything wrong out there as well. Even updated the drivers as you suggested but still the same. I updated the driver after your suggestion but then it did not helped.

I have tried using Revo uninstaller for uninstalling Creator 2012 Pro as it was suggested to me in some other forum and the weird thing I have found is that the Sonic folder in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory is not there, it was there before , in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder there are Roxio, SmartSound and Sonic, can this be an issue I my case, what can I do know??? is there anything else that I need to check out or any workaround that I can try out???

I will suggest you to better create a restore point with windows and after that try using Revo in the MODERATE mode. When you will use Revo it will open Creator 2012 uninstaller, simply run the same. It will check out for the leftovers of the Creator 2012 in folders as well as the registry. If you want you can remove them completely from the system if you are not having any project stored in the Roxio folders. If there is any important project stored, move it to any other folder and delete the folders. Now follow the steps given in the above article and install the application again according to the guide.