Thread: Audio Stutters after updating to VLC 2.0

Audio Stutters after updating to VLC 2.0

I have recently updated VLC to VLC 2.0 and since then I have been facing Audio Stuttering when I am playing any movies or any normal mp 3 files as well. The stuttering happened after every 4 to 5 seconds and is continuous. This is really irritating and I am not able to bear the same, I was not having any such issues with the previous version of the vlc that I was using. It all started after updating it. I have tried changing the possible audio setting but it is not making any difference in my case and I am still facing the same issue.

Re: Audio Stutters after updating to VLC 2.0

I wanted to know if you have tried using some other media player. If not then try out the same and see if you are facing the same issue there as well. If the problem exists then try updating the sound driver of your system and check out if the stuttering is disappearing. If you are not helping any issue with other player and updating the sound driver to the latest is not helping you out then you can try uninstalling VLC 2.0 and make a fresh installation of the same. Just try out these things and let me know if any of suggested solution is helping you out.

Updating the sound driver was the very first thing that I had tried after this issue but it was not making any difference and the stuttering is still there. I am not having any such issues with other media players. The issue seems to be only with VLC 2.0, as I have mentioned I was not having any such issues before. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VLC 2.0 several times but I am not having any luck with the same. Is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of the stuttering? I have been using the same and I really like VLC and I don’t want to just quit using it like that. I will roll back to the previous version of the vlc as I am having a backup of the same but if anyone finds out a fix for the stuttering with VLC 2.0 then please share it here, it will be quite appreciative.

I have checked about the same and have found some workarounds for the stuttering just try them out and post back the result you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

• If you are having Default selected in Tools > Preferences > Audio > Output > Output module then try changing it to 'Win32 waveOut extension output' or 'DirectX audio output' and see if it is helping.
    • If not then try enabling GPU accelerated decoding by going in to Tools > Preferences > Input & Codecs > Codecs > Use GPU accelerated decoding.

Just give them a try and let me know what you get for further help.

So now I have tried using all the three options. Setting Output module to “Default” did not made any difference, setting Output module to 'Win32 waveOut extension output' reduced the stuttering but has not fixed it completely, setting Output module to 'DirectX audio output' did not made any difference as well. Other than this I have trying out rolling back to the old sound drivers and enabling the graphic equalizer by going in to Tools > Effects and Filers > Audio Effects as well but not matter what I have tried so far the stuttering it still there. Is there anything other setting that I need to change?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Hey friend I have found that there is a newer version of VLC which is VLC - 2.0.1, so just download and install the same from the below link and check out if the stuttering issue is getting solved or not. if at all you still have the same stuttering issue with it then feel free to ask I will surely try to help you with the same. Best of luck.
    Download latest VLC - 2.0.1.