Thread: Label on fences disappear after installing deskscape 3

Label on fences disappear after installing deskscape 3

Seems like this new version of Deskscapes 3 application is not proper and messing up with the windows Fences app. With the previous version of Deskscapes 3 I never had any trouble but after downloading and installing the latest released version of this application the RC version of Fences is from then onwards showing some of the other kind of problem. I installed both the apps at the same time and started using them together. Initially everything worked well and fine but the issue starts when I choose desktop collage as the active dream. After the selection of Desktop collage I have noticed that it indirectly affects the fences by hiding the labels. Not just the label of the fences disappears but also the quick hide feature of fences goes off and doesn’t work at all. I am not a computer expert or a regular windows application user. Just as a requirement I got these applications but never that it will end up with such issues. I am sure there might be many windows users who must be having this application, just let me know whether they are running properly without any problem. if not, what issue you are facing and what steps you have taken to get rid of the issue. please do share your experience.

Re: Label on fences disappear after installing deskscape 3

I have tried something weird. Firstly let me share my initial experience. When I installed the applications everything worked fine then later on when I encountered these issues, my first reaction was to disable the DeskScapes. I believe that this app is the sole reason for the fences not working properly and somewhere I was correct. After I disabled Deskscapes I found that the labels of the fences came back into the picture and also the quick hide feature started to work all well. I was quite satisfied with everything but disabling the Deskscapes didn’t look as a proper solution for me as this app was always very much important for me (I love using dreams). So therefore I came up with another trick in order to use dreams.

Whenever I find any need of having or using dreams I simply first click on the dream that I am suppose to use then I make the changes by clicking on Apply change. After the changes have been made I select disable Deskscapes and then again apply the changes. From then onwards the fences will also starts working fine without creating any above mentioned problems.

I know that the procedure is quite lengthy but I am forced to follow the same steps all the time whenever I decide to switch to some other dreams. This procedure helps me in changing the dreams and also keeps the fences working fine. Repeating the steps are the only head ache for me, other than this rest everything is fine. This is a simple procedure and definitely it should work in all such similar cases. Just try it out if you prefer to work on long steps.

The exact same issue is being appeared in my windows 7 system with not a single difference. I faced the problem just after I installed the Deskscapes 3 latest version. I think the only difference between you and me was the Fences version; I am running Fences Pro Beta and let me tell you that I was working great until I installed the latest version of Deskscapes 3.

After installing the application and rebooting the system everything messed up. I found that even after I hide the fences, it use to appear automatically after I runs a dream and also the labels use to disappear and other above mentioned issue. However I fixed my issue with a simple reinstall of Fences Pro Beta. What I did was simply uninstalled this Beta app and then reinstalled it with the regular steps and got everything working fine from then onwards.

Disabling the Deskscapes until now is the only solution that have been found anywhere on internet. Actually running both the application are bound to create the problem as it has been said in most of the windows system they do not get along together. If you try to run both the applications together the Fences are the first to get affected by making all the hidden icons visible without you knowledge. I majorly doubt windows 7 for the cause as I have seen that most of the people facing the trouble are running windows 7 64 bit into their machine or the problem could be due the compatibility issue as already been explained above.

When called up the support Center the only thing they could offer me was the refund, they completely took off their hands from providing any help.

However I managed to find a solution after a long hard work for months. You won’t believe that the solution was so simple that anyone could have got around it. What I did was:

First created a new text file and name it as explorer.bat. it is not necessary to name the text file as explorer, but make sure that what so ever name to keep it should come with an extension .bat. Now right click on the file and edit and then type the following text into it:
    @echo off
    taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
    start explorer.exe

Now after you finished typing just save the file and then reboot your machine. After the booting is completed open the batch file. That’s it.